My Tractor Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
My wife finished mulch last night.
I started prepping the ground for the landscape timbers and finished that during my lunch. Just need to cut everything down to size now. Heatwave today so won't be doing anymore work this evening.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Mulch up front (dirt pile is shrinking)

Plant Tree Road surface Asphalt Natural landscape

Plant Plant community Leaf Botany Tree

Got outside this morning before Mother Nature turned the heat up. Still sweated a lot.
Gotta figure out how my wife wants this to end. She wants a step pattern, not sure on distance.
Plant Asphalt Road surface Slope Grass

Three high should do the trick. Lots of room to place some of the extra dirt. Have brick path in front of each basement window. Will have to redo those at some point. Also have to weed and mulch here as well.
Plant Road surface Infrastructure Tire Asphalt

Was able to use the table saw and carefully notch out room for the gutter. Have to saw off the little bit hanging out. Don't want to snag it when using that cold white stuff remover.
Plant Water Road surface Rectangle Wood

Was also reminded how crunchy my knees sound. Was using knee pads i got for my birthday back in May. Wish I had those sooner. 35 year old knees are too noisy.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Order 50 periwinkle to plant under pine bushes where the retaining wall went.
With tax + shipping, less than $70.
One place I looked at wanted $230 for 20, plus an addition $75 for tax. No thanks.

This place have good reviews so I'll give it a shot.

• Wow
Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Periwinkle planted and mulched

Dirt mound removed
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Should be having our blacktop apron installed tomorrow or next week Monday so this work up front is done for now.

Got 5 yellow twig dogwood shrubs delivered. Awaiting 5 redtwigs to be delivered.
They will be planted out back under/by our maple on our property line with the neighbors we don't care for. Should receive enough morning/late morning sun to be okay and continue to grow.

Tire Plant Wheel Sky Tree

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Ashphalt apron installed Tuesday.
Only pic I have is what I sent my wife mid install.
Vertebrate Mesh Plant Wood Grille

No grass seed put down yet. Not sure if I want to use seed, or just go the sod route. Still have to grading and leaving out to do still. Can continue working as the apron is done.

Reactions: MARK (LI)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
You didn't have a desire for a concrete apron?
If the town ever has to dig up, they will only replace with stone or asphalt. There's nothing indicating we cannot do concrete to the road, but it's a gamble. I could count on one hand the number of concrete driveways around here that actually has the concrete to the road. Hardly anyone does it. I'd prefer concrete to the road, but I'm not confident it wouldn't get dug up to some extent.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts