My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,758 Posts
It looks like they did get a lot accomplished (y) ...one thing that drives me crazy is the concrete guys never finish the area between the existing lawn and the board that they use for a form, and home owners never realized they would have to take care of it, so there is a big gap for a long time before it gets taken care of

·
Super Moderator
15,758 Posts
Not assuming anything...But concrete guys know about this and it always looks like they either did a crummy job, or they didn't finish it.....the guys that do that finish work have a completed project that looks like it was done by professionals .....the whole idea of being a contractor is to get work...so charge more and get that work. I am a contractor, myself....and sometimes I have to do a little extra to make the job something I would be satisfied with....if it is something that I anticipate, I include it in the proposal price....if I come across something that I can do to make the job look better, that I had not foreseen....I eat it...it has to look professionally done.....in this case , the concrete guys can do a great job, but the unfinished part is distracting....just include it in the price and do it

·
Super Moderator
15,758 Posts
Looks like they did do nice cement work....but I notice your house more than the new concrete...that is really beautiful...are you in New England?...I think brick houses are just magnificent (y)...the porch with its columns and those windows on the house certainly add to it also ....you must be very proud of that house
Gesture Font Rectangle Circle Paper product

·
Super Moderator
15,758 Posts
It came out very nice, Mike...something I have seen done in similar situations is planting ivy or pachysandra on that slope...ivy grows quickly and its roots will hold the soil in place...more of a natural appearance...pachysandra looks really good, but does not grow as quickly as ivy...both stay green all year

1 - 8 of 8 Posts