My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local auction has two Economy Tractors up for bid. I think they are 1972 with 14 hp and 3 spd trans. One has a mower deck and the other has a plow and harrow. Both run and look to be in good shape. Anyone know what they might be worth? Right now the high bid is $250.

·
4,267 Posts
I see them go around here for between $800 and a thousand with that kind of set up.....but of course a lot depends on condition of paint, hood,tires, belts, battery...if that price is for both of them ..and they run it is a steal....even for one of them...you don't see a lot of them ...and it seems as though they are sought after more as a collectible than a work tractor...they are cool little beasts
There is a guy up in Connecticut that seems to get a few at a time with loaders...he lists them for $2,800...but usually settles for $2,500 ...he goes over them and they all operate well when he sells...and the loaders do drive that price up
take a look at this

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see them go around here for between $800 and a thousand with that kind of set up.....but of course a lot depends on condition of paint, hood,tires, belts, battery...if that price is for both of them ..and they run it is a steal....even for one of them...you don't see a lot of them ...and it seems as though they are sought after more as a collectible than a work tractor...they are cool little beasts
There is a guy up in Connecticut that seems to get a few at a time with loaders...he lists them for $2,800...but usually settles for $2,500 ...he goes over them and they all operate well when he sells...and the loaders do drive that price up
take a look at this
That is the high bid on each of them. Don't really need them but wondered if it was worth bidding and flipping. Don't know how to put the web site on here but they are at Hash Auction in Berryville, VA. We are in NW VA near the MD,PA and WV lines.

·
Registered
93 Posts
They both need a lot of work if you plan to buy and resale. In your area, they may not sell very well or at least very quickly. Most land owners up there either have very small lots or a lot of acreage. A lot of acres mean a larger tractor. The tractor with 16-inch rear wheels would sell better because of the mowing and snow removal in the hills and mountains. Safer. Looks like the rear tires are cracking. No 3-point hitch. If you are experienced at working on equipment or want to learn, it could be a good deal. Otherwise, pass. Just an opinion.

Don Hayes
Central Virginia

·
4,267 Posts
I looked at the site...they are not beauties...but they both seem usable and to work fine ...and around here....for a very limited audience ( not a tremendous amount of interest in them in this area) they would sell in the 800-1000 range....I think they are more desirable up in New England and could get a few hundred more for them

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, not really planning on buying but thought other member might be interested. Auction goes off tomorrow so will so will post what they go fo.

·
4,267 Posts
I am pretty sure that the prices will go up some...for the price they are now I would buy one just to fool around with it...but too far

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya the prices went up. The one with the mower deck went for $700 and the other for$900

1 - 8 of 8 Posts