1,077 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nope, but I would love to.

·
Still plays with tractors
2,293 Posts
Does anyone know how this unit turns? I find it strange how every picture you see, the tractor is going straight.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Does anyone know how this unit turns? I find it strange how every picture you see, the tractor is going straight.
They steer with the hand levers for the brakes. Click on the brochure pics to enlarge them and you can read the print.

·
Still plays with tractors
2,293 Posts
They steer with the hand levers for the brakes. Click on the brochure pics to enlarge them and you can read the print.
I tried that and still couldn't read them. The tractor still having a steering wheel threw me off. I guess you still need something to help you get up on the seat. You would have to have a PK with good brakes. No wonder they are rare.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I would like to revive it having just read an article on these in the Lawn And Garden Tractor Magazine.

I would be interested in building a set for my Power King if I could get some additional details or even good photos of the under frame.

Phil

·
Premium Member
10,479 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I would like to revive it having just read an article on these in the Lawn And Garden Tractor Magazine.

I would be interested in building a set for my Power King if I could get some additional details or even good photos of the under frame.

Phil
I saw that also Phil. My copy arived today. It looked very cool. I wonder how many other models it could be adapted to?

Mikey.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't see many limitations other than you need a tractor that has independent brakes left and right.

I have a welder and would be interested in fabing this up if I had some idea of how to make the under frame. I was thinking maybe I could use old snowmobile tracks. Of course they would be too short but there must be a way of joining them.

Any ideas out there??

Phil

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've seen similar setup on a jd 318 I think it was. Guy was having a great time in the snow with it. think it was on you tube. I used to have a MAX 6 wheeler, ya know 6 wheel drive skid steer amphibious atv.
Great fun , tracks were always on the bucket list for it. I never did spend the bucks to make them up or buy them . I did learn a bit though. Primarily tracks provide flotation, not usually a desirable thing on a ground engaging tractor. For the atv it is to enable travel thru severely swampy terrain or deep snow, lets the vehicle ride on top of it.
Would be cool though and would likely trash your yard. Like my old 6 wheeler great fun and really cool ,but not real practical for around the house.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Interesting point on the traction. I would have thought you would get better traction with the tracks.

I'm not too worried about chewing up the lawn as I have a farm/cabin and I don't use the power king for lawn cutting. More of toy for me.

Phil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts