My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, before it was help with my deere 670 and now a blower my dad just got.
i don't know the history since it was bought from an auction but i can tell you that it looks like the last owner ran it with no air filter cover and possibly no air filter. this blower has 2 intake tubes going from the carb to the cylinder and both were full of crap (about 50% of the tube was cloged). i took the front tube off and cleaned but couldn't do the same to the rear as it would require disassembly of most of the blower unit but i did clean as much as i could up to the reed valve.

anyway, i've been pulling and pulling and cant get it to start. i put a new plug in it and used starting fluid and got it to sputter for a second or two a couple of times but thats it. i also removed the fuel filter incase it was clogged but still nothing.

i also took the carb apart to see if anything was damaged but didn't look like it, but then again, i don't know about carbs. also, there is some fuel/oil in the exhaust passage which i think means its running rich, i'll check that out tomorrow.

sorry for the long read but if anyone has any recommendations please let me know, at this point i'm pretty stuck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, update. i had a feeling it was running rich so i pinched off the fuel line and tried to start it only on ether and got it running for just a few seconds. was great to hear that but couldn't get it to do it again. does any one know if there are any other common problems with this? i have a feeling its the carb but i'm wondering if the spark timing can be off.
anyway, i have this whole weekend to mess with it then on monday i'm going to call and see if they will take a look at it under warranty. it has a carb sticker on it that says 2011 and they have a 5 year warr. so i'm hoping they will fix it if i can't.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I would say good luck with the warranty thing given your previous statement.

but i can tell you that it looks like the last owner ran it with no air filter cover and possibly no air filter

Stranger things have happened though.

Hopefully it is something easy to get it running.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. It oil was going to be my next step, ill do that on Tuesday and report back. I had the muffler off and didn't see any scoring so if there is an internal problem I hope it's just stuck rings.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update #2. i did a compression test with oil and it jumped up to 95-100, and the best part, i gave it a couple of pulls (w/o ether) and it fired up and ran for a while until i throttled it down. guess i'm gonna go ahead and tear it down now :/

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok guys, update #3. i took it apart and found the cylinder and piston were damaged. where do you guys prefer to get parts? so far i'm only looking on partstree.com

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,090 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i've heard of them but i just checked and it looks like they only have simple parts for this machine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts