My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have notice that if I prime it and choke like my Toro,it takes more pulls to crank. I prime it 4 or 5 times and it still take 5 - 7 pulls for it to sputter,then when I 1/2 choke it it still takes another 2 or 3 pulls for it to start.

The Toro,I prime 3 or 4 times,pull 3 times,1/2 choke and pull 1 more time and it's cranked.

Why does this Echo take longer,not that it's hard to crank,but it just takes more pulls to get it cranked.

Do all Echos do this?
How do some of you guys crank your Echos?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Follow the instructions.

1. Full choke.

2. Prime it 10 times.

3. I always use full throttle.

4. Pull starter rope. It should try to fire, when it does perform step 5.

5. Move choke to half throttle and pull starter rope. The engine should start. It might take a couples of pulls but it should go.

6. Warm it up about 30 seconds or a minute then slowly move the choke to the off position.

7. It should idle at this point. You should be good to go now.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
the only echo equipment I have is a bp500t back pack blower. cranks second pull every time with choke engaged. I had to have a new carb put on under warranty last month, got where it wouldn't run wide open, kinda wanted to sputter when you gave it gas. other than that it's been a good little blower...although when I took it for the carb work they said it would be in for 2 weeks as they were swamped so I bought a new stihl br600...man that thing is a beast of a blower. I've really come to love those stihl 4 mix engines this year. no choke no prime they just crank when ya pull em, and tons of grunt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts