My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a gt2400, along with a gt2000 today. Other than needing to switch out the head, this thing is sweet. I missed my Echo, so I got 2 more. Although curved shaft, this works remarkably well. I was thinking either the curved shaft Husqvarna T25, or the curved shaft speed feed for a replacement head. Curious if they made an Echomatic/Echomatic pro for curved shafts, that would be nice.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Used it a few times now. Really love this trimmer. The head it came with was missing a spring, it was feeding line out at the slightest contact, but I bent a spring to fit it and it functions fine now. Drilled out the holes in the head slightly so it would hold .095.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a Husqvarna T25 for it today. One of the 3 adapters it came with fit perfect. Wind it opposite direction as the pictograms on spool, works awesome. This T25 works way better than the other I had, not sure what that's all about.

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
Unless your trimmer spins in the opposite direction that other trimmers spin (which would likely spin off the head), I'm not sure how your head works if you wind it the opposite way that the head indicates. Both my T25 and T35 heads work well when wound how the image shows on the spool.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless your trimmer spins in the opposite direction that other trimmers spin (which would likely spin off the head), I'm not sure how your head works if you wind it the opposite way that the head indicates. Both my T25 and T35 heads work well when wound how the image shows on the spool.
The gt2400 is a curved shaft. The T25 is mainly intended for straight shafts such the 128ld etc, I believe, although it will also fit curved shaft models such as the 128cd. Usually the universal style heads such as this indicate which way to wind them, along with an L or R for direction of rotation, but this one does not. I believe 2 of the 3 adapters included are left hand thread, while the one I installed was right hand. It makes me wonder how many bad reviews on Amazon for trimmer heads sucking in line when tapped on the ground could be explained by this.

·
Premium Member
4,131 Posts
On my T25 and T35, on the bottom of the spool that you wind the line on, is a U with arrows on the "ends" of the U, indicating the correct direction to wind it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my T25 and T35, on the bottom of the spool that you wind the line on, is a U with arrows on the "ends" of the U, indicating the correct direction to wind it.
Yes, this T25 also has those too. They are just pointing in the wrong direction, for a curved shaft trimmer, that spins opposite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts