My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably the most expensive purchase I've made so far. Didn't need it, but wanted it.

In fairly good shape, didn't come with a bar.

Only issue is no spark. Reading up on it this seems to be the biggest downfall. Being that ignition parts are NLA this might be a shelf piece unless I can somehow source parts. Once I catch up with other projects I'll start diagnosing but I'm thinking it's either the on/off switch or the module itself, but until I get into it I won't know for certain.

Reactions: WrongDoug

·
Registered
36 Posts
I can't help you on the spark but here's a pic. of mine with a few others. Mine will sit on the floor and idle away and never move. Amazingly smooth!. It cuts good for a bit and then dies off like it's running out of fuel. Carb re-build and new fuel filter didn't help. I even ran with the cap loose. It might be the electric issue you speak of since it seems to get worse when hot. I'm still trying!

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That almost sounds like a carburetor adjustment, but then again I know the module and/or the coils are notorious for failing. Only other far fetched thought I have is the plugs are bad but I've rarely run into that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I rarely have issues that involve spark plugs either, but I put 2 new ones in to cover the bases. I also thought it was a carb adjustment but I can't adjust this problem out of it. I'll get back to it one day.
I see you like Lawn Boy. I have 4 of them and they are all I push mow with. I love the smell of fresh cut grass and 2SO!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts