My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
One of your moderators suggested I try posting my question here where hydraulic gurus troll.
I am trying to find the displacement of the 101-2716-009 Char-Lynn motor on a Cub Cadet tiller? I have the H Series tech manual from Eaton, but need to know which model number in the current manual is the closest brother of the Cub tiller motor?

Thanks Bill

Attachments

·
21,405 Posts
Just google the model number.

The displacement is 36 cc, or 2.2 cu-in.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Oh, the whole site just flipped into the new format...
Right, finding the displacement of unknown hydraulic motors or pumps...
What I've done on several occasions is run oil through the pump / motor until there's no more air, then rotate it by hand 10 times running the oil into a container where it can be measured.

Of course, Bob's method doesn't end up with oil all over the place.

·
21,405 Posts
LOL

My alternate method does leave the possibility of a small bit of oil where you don't want it.

Disassemble the motor and measure the gears. Plug the numbers into this calculator.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for your input. Obviously the large volume of the motor on the Cub tiller results in good torque, since there is no reduction chain drive. So I need to do some more research and decide what the optimum speed for the tines is. With a separate engine driving the pump in my system it will be spinning the pump at least twice as fast as a 3000 series Cub PTO. According to Parts Tree the stock pump is a 29cc - 1.77cu in (28 GPM at max RPM) - that seems insane. I used a 14 GPM pump on the system I built for my IH 444 utility tractor front end loader. I need to tach the PTO on the 3000 series Cubs so I know exactly what I am dealing with.

Bill

·
Registered
72 Posts
I tached the PTO on my 3185. At full throttle 3600 RPM (engine) gave me 2000 RPM at PTO. That would mean the stock pump supplied with a complete Cub tiller would be flowing 15 GPM.

Bill

·
Registered
72 Posts
You're kinda sorta right, but only in the realm of how the original system was designed. I need to know and understand all the parameters that the original system operated under, then I can make the needed choices for my altered build. Obviously the moderators can put it wherever they see fit, but I think we are still talking hydraulics.

Bill

·
21,405 Posts
Either way, it's still hydraulics.

In theory, for the original application;

Input rpm X Pump displacement / Motor displacement = motor rpm.

Rejig the numbers to suit your modifications.

Motor torque is dependent on motor displacement and pressure and results in inch pounds of torque.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts