My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the H16XL I got from a friend, the stick is missing and there is some basterdized hose clamped over the fill tube to cover it.

Can someone with an Eaton 11 give me the dipstick length to the add and fill marks, or watever marks it has. Are these available anywhere. i have looked some and can't find it.

Also, where to find the 20 weight oil to go in this thing? Or should I just go ATF? (sure this one has been asked a thousand times!)

·
5,525 Posts
Use ATF.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I used this stuff back when I had my 2000 Eliminator which had an eaton 11 in it. I had excellent luck with it.

Jason

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, will be draining her in the next couple days. The previous owner cut the top off an oil jug (the cap and end of spout), wrapped the fill tube with electrical tape to make up the diameter difference, then shoved it over the tube as a cover. Some folks should not be allowed near any equipment!

Still need to find a source for a new dipstick. I suppose Eaton still makes these.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Samsbolens.com might have them. I don't know that eaton will still have them for that transaxle.

Jason

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
If the transaxle is the same for a GT 2000 I can measure mine and add a few pictures.
I think that will use a different dipstick as it is a 2 speed axle. I may be wrong though.

Jason

·
Registered
406 Posts
you might try to find one looking under troy built. I have found quite a few parts for my 1669L that way.

Mine has the Eaton 11 as well, I can measure it for you tonight if you still need it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jonathan, I will see if I can find a Bolens stick, then may have to have you check yours if that falls through.

modaone, good tip. I found a Troy Bilt part that looks exaclty the same, but a couple places show the stick as not available. I still need to check parts direct (Sears). Sonney Bolens showed 2 of those sticks in stock, assuming that is accurate, and I have not heard back from them. Haven't heard back from Sam Bolens either.

·
Registered
829 Posts
If you still need a dipstick i belive i have a coulpe new ones or at least a used one just pm me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bhts, I'll PM you. Emailed Sam and Sonny, and no reply for a week. I'd call them, but I could get one from you a little easier it appears!

Also, this is a H16XT, not and XL. That is model 1659.

·
Registered
829 Posts
bhts, I'll PM you. Emailed Sam and Sonny, and no reply for a week. I'd call them, but I could get one from you a little easier it appears!

Also, this is a H16XT, not and XL. That is model 1659.
Pm sent with details.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts