My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
postage to Australia is $82
are they worth it

because they look like a cheap and nasty bit plastic

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
No. I'm liking mine less everytime I use it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. I'm liking mine less everytime I use it.
that the sort of answer i was looking for :thThumbsU

if i could go to a shop down the road and get one for $120 i would get it
but it would have to be good to pay almost what it costs to buy for postage.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Mine does not do a good job on corn. But does ok on the rest of my plating. Sure is a lot better then bending over to place each seed in the ground.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I bought mine on ebay for $51 shipping included. It came from amazon.com. I keep forgetting to check amazon.com. Many ebay sellers buy at amazon after they have sold the item on ebay. They get a $5 discount for buying 5 of the item. It can be shipped to different addresses with free shipping, no extra charge.

The problem I've found is that it is too light. Sometimes if you aren't careful how you push it the front wheel isn't turning correctly.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Our Son-in-law is the official Earthway operator for our family garden. What redmule and RDR said exactly echos what he says about the machine. Worth the bucks we paid but it could be a lot better.

Mike

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine does not do a good job on corn. But does ok on the rest of my plating. Sure is a lot better then bending over to place each seed in the ground.
i don't bend down to plant anything i drop the seed down 3 ft of poly pipe :fing32:

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
nothing is what it seems anymore.theres always something a little out of whack.same with that planter.wheels two small. puts out to many seeds.so on .but one hundred dollars does.n. buy much today.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I guess I am odd man out, I like mine even it it does drop too many seeds. (radish) Sometimes with peas the seeds will get caught between the seed plate and the hopper. I don't have that problem with any other seed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts