My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else feel an earthquake in the southern Oklahoma/Northern Texas area minutes ago? Second one in the past 24 hours here in Lawton. I was sound asleep but was awaken by daughter and wife going bonkers and our birds flapping about in thier cages. Wierd stuff for around here twice in one 24 hour period.

·
4,275 Posts
Re: OFF TOPIC Earthquake Texhoma?

Anyone else feel an earthquake in the southern Oklahoma/Northern Texas area minutes ago? Second one in the past 24 hours here in Lawton. I was sound asleep but was awaken by daughter and wife going bonkers and our birds flapping about in thier cages. Wierd stuff for around here twice in one 24 hour period.
Nope. Are they doing any drilling and shale fracking lately?

·
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Nope, they drink that stuff in these parts. There was a 4.7 magnitude one in the wee hours this morning though and now this one tonite. Im dog tired though and Im headed for sleep zone again.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts

im in kansas city, but my buddy is in wichita ks and he just called me and asked me if I felt it. He must have!

·
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Dang thats quite a distance from here. Musta been a pretty strong little rumble then.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts

I felt it here in SE Kansas. Shook the whole house and scared the cats. I could feel it sitting in my recliner and Table lamps, dishes and stuff was all shaking. :trink40:

·
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well well Sonny, its not enough to be in Tornado Alley is it... LOL
Good grief!! Sheesh. Well I wanted to make this thread in case my house goes down in a sink hole over night. A historical marker of sorts. I think a possible aftershock just occured too.

Dog tired gonna read replies in the morning.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Felt it here in NW Arkansas.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
5.6 in Oklahoma near Ok City. just east and north of it.

·
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just read that on Fox and NY Times online. Strongest one ever in Oklahoma.
Thanks SonnyT!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts