My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at this Earthcavator, and it isn't a very good photo. It is a for a GT, and I'll be going to look it over. Any comments about it and the likely model of it, chime in.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Looks like one I have. Mine was sold by Sears configured for the proprietary Sears 3 point. I took the top link connection off and weld up a cat 0 configuration. Awesome little blade. Just wish it was 4 instead of 3 feet wide.

·
Super Moderator
17,119 Posts
Yes it for a GT. I belive it was made by Gannon:thThumbsU

·
USMC
19,146 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Looks to be made for the Sears 3 point (narrow) and yes that was made by Gannon, and they work AWSOME!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It wouldn't be difficult to modify it for a standard Cat-0 3-pt setup.

If you cut off all of that forward-facing arms and such that are welded to the front of the angle iron, then weld on some mounting ears and an upright similar to this:

http://www.weekendfreedommachines.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=94026

20" apart for the arms, and 12" center-to-center from that center line to the top eye of the mast.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
hankll,
As to your concern about the release handle, it is there, the scraper is upside-down in the pic, and it is underneath on the right. One of the bolts has been removed, and the arm folded back.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the measurements as 20" or 10" from center to outer point for the first of the two ears for the pins to go through?, and right in center 12" tall to the top of the mast. All with 5/8" holes. And now that you point it out, I see it. And now I do see that the Vator is upside down.

Owner is out of the country until the 23rd of this month. He says he'll call me when he gets back. I let him know I was waiting for his call. I don't have a good stick welder hook up yet, so I'll have to show my welding shop guy what I want. Course I didn't mention the welder guy, so I could brag on my own welding prowess, NOT! I have a wire feed welder, and it isn't heavy enough for this type of welding. My stick welder is 220, and I don't have the wiring run out to my shop for it, yet.

If this guy sells it out from under me, I'm going to be sick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts