My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this for my HT-23. I believed the hitch on it was configured for a Sears GT, but I was basing that on the Blue that is on the Gannon Earthcavator. I placed photo's of it over in the L&G accessories forum, and it was mentioned that it looked to be set up for a Bolens tube frame.

So I thought I will place photo's of it here and ask the question. Is it a Bolens or Sears hitch. The in between measurement is just over 8" and then the lift arm on the right, which could be for a Bolens tube frame based on photo's I've seen for the sleeve hitch lift arm arrangement.

What say you????

Attachments

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
It sure looks like it. I will have to measure the distance between the mount ears on my tube frames. I think you need to get a tube frame to use it with.

Jason

·
5,525 Posts
Looks like the ones for the tube frame.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Pulled one of my books out and that is for the tube frame.Nice find.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Nice find. I would love to have one of those for a large frame.All the good stuff is no longer made.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Who woulda thought that it was a Bolens attachment. Now I was planning to use it on MY HT-23, but I would have to get my 1556 (tube frame isn't it?) in shape and hook it to it. But since the hitch part is bolted onto the front of it, I could just do like I was thinking, and just replace the angle iron with the Cat-0 three point hitch and use it till the 1556 is restored. That is looking to be next years project. I still have to finish getting my HT-23 going and then put a 3 point hitch onto it. I've seriously got to get these projects under control!

I just went out to look at the axle mounting points on the 1556, and it looks like they are too wide for this Earthcavator's hitch points. Either way, if it is for a Sears GT, it can be modified for the Bolens tube frame pretty easily. The hitch is mounted to a 2" x 2" x 1/4" angle iron, and it is bolted on. So modifications can be done on a separate angle and keep the original for its original intended configuration. Fabricating that will be easier than I imagined, until I see it up close and personal.

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that would be pretty easy to reconfigure to any bolens.that is a nice find.never seen one that small.
Yea, and that is my only disappointment. I was hoping it was at least the more common 36" one and I would have been wildly happy if I had gotten the bigger 42"......but you know, I'm happy just the same. It seems to be a fool proof system, and this one even shows a slight image of the Gannon Logo on the blade surface. The surface is a bit rusty, but none that looks pitted, or not very much so, if at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts