My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's official, Phil predicts an early spring this year. Can't say I'm looking forward to mowing/trimming in all the heat and humidity.?

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,552 Posts
Don't know about that, looks like more of a 50-50 chance of an early spring. Googled "ground hog day 2020" and it looks split 3-3 for early spring versus winter continues. I'll take a wait and see approach here in Michigan.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,552 Posts
Spring usually shows up on June 1, last few years we jump from the 50's and rain to 80's and sun, then everyone is complaining about being behind on field work and planting. Farming is gambling no way about it.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Yep, the torrential downpours have begun all over again. We are in the midst of the beginning of the system that is hitting the entire East Coast up to Canada. Supposed to get 3 or more inches of rain by tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Yep, we got more than the 3 inches of rain! In a five hour period, we received almost 6 inches and it's still drizzling down. So much for mowing tomorrow or even the next week as I've got large pools of water in the low spots in the yard. Temp was quite nice for most of it, in the mid to low 70's, now in the mid 60's.
Certainly quite happy I live where it don't snow much. That downpour would have resulted in over 5 feet of snow! (Roughly 10 inches of snow to 1 inch of rain)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts