My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is what Im up against, the lawn moles have destroyed parts of my yard. also I had 4 large silver maple tree's trimmed to near nothing, long story short, the tree Co. truck got stuck and tore up a good portion of my yard. I have a lot of lawn care to do. Here is what Im thinking about doing , first off I have pulled a roller over all the yard , yesterday I pulled a JD spike aerator over most of the lawn.
OK, Im thinking that a lite spread of lime and a good spread of grass seed then roll the lawn again.
Any ideas, suggestions are very welcome. Its lightly raining right now, this afternoon will be a good day to work this yard, ( I think)

·
Premium Member
10,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:side laugh I hope what I did will work ! I airrated the yard several pass overs with the JD spreader, then I spreader lime pellets and fallowed up with a 5 blend of grass seed spread. lastly I rolled all the yard with a 400 lb roller. This already stopped the mole trails all over the yard. now if this rain don't wash it all away I will be a happy camper. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Why are you adding lime?

Do you know the PH of the soil and does it warrant it?

·
Premium Member
10,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A farmer that I know explained to me that the fields that he spreads lime on has NO moles, so he decided to try it in his yard, and it worked.
I went to Powell feed Co. . ask there opinion of the lime, they agreed completely. I tried it (as directed) and it has worked very well. Also the young grass surfaced very well within two weeks.:thThumbsU

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.