My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new high-back seat on my X530 Tuesday night.
Got it on eBay from Seat Warehouse at a great price.
It's a Milsco XB-200, which I believe is the same as the X590 seat, except without the JD emblem.
I've always liked the comfort and look of it.
Just need some snow so I can get some seat time!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Maybe the next thing to look for is a weather enclosure. Christmas is still a little way off. :tango_face_grin:

After starting off with one on my X360, I thought I could use the X738 without. After all, my son had used his Craftsman for years without, but one season changed my mind. I had plans to make my own, but when the material cost passed the cost of the soft enclosure, I changed to “buy one”, but it wasn’t without its own issues. Either way, you will definitely enjoy the seat.

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
Maybe the next thing to look for is a weather enclosure. Christmas is still a little way off. :tango_face_grin:

After starting off with one on my X360, I thought I could use the X738 without. After all, my son had used his Craftsman for years without, but one season changed my mind. I had plans to make my own, but when the material cost passed the cost of the soft enclosure, I changed to “buy one”, but it wasn’t without its own issues. Either way, you will definitely enjoy the seat.
What enclosure is that and how much was it? for the x738, wonder if it would fit an x495?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I remember when I upgraded the seat on my X580. It came on a trailer and said X738 on the side.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
What enclosure is that and how much was it? for the x738, wonder if it would fit an x495?
Soft enclosure for the X738 is an LP41114 (first picture). You might need different fender handles though for the X495. Earlier design of the X738 (pre 2013) hole spacing was different than it is now. The X360 (second picture) was from the same company, but a different design. X738 late version is shorter and has a full window across the cab. The LP41114 runs a little over $500.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I just installed a new high-back seat on my X530 Tuesday night.
Got it on eBay from Seat Warehouse at a great price.
It's a Milsco XB-200, which I believe is the same as the X590 seat, except without the JD emblem.
I've always liked the comfort and look of it.
Just need some snow so I can get some seat time!
That's a nice looking seat. Given that I've had two OEM seats shred on my X500 in the past 5 years I am going to go this route as well.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember when I upgraded the seat on my X580. It came on a trailer and said X738 on the side.
Haha!! Now that's an upgrade!!! :sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a nice looking seat. Given that I've had two OEM seats shred on my X500 in the past 5 years I am going to go this route as well.
This is seat number 3 for me. The original one cracked in about a year. The replacement cracked about a year and a half later.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Good point! I've been thinking about it. It's been on my wish list since 2015.

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
Soft enclosure for the X738 is an LP41114 (first picture). You might need different fender handles though for the X495. Earlier design of the X738 (pre 2013) hole spacing was different than it is now. The X360 (second picture) was from the same company, but a different design. X738 late version is shorter and has a full window across the cab. The LP41114 runs a little over $500.
Still more then I want to pay, OTC cab is even more. I'm still in the hold off stage until I find a used one for half that price. So the wait continues.

Kick myself everyday though because years ago I had a brand new one from Classic Accessories that was marked with the wrong price that would have fit my X495 but at the time I had an John Deere 345, had plans to retro fit it for that but it was just to **** big and I didn't want to hack it up. Classic was great and honor the price and sent it out. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have a tractor as big as a X495. But it happened and the rest is history.

I put it on Craigslist and sold the thing to a guy in Michigan, sure would like to have it back now, oh well the hunt continues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts