My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
20210228_160733.jpg

I had been studying this shotgun for some time.
(I'm not what you would call an impulse buyer).
I'm all about buy American of course but, when it come to firearms in particular - I'm cognizant that there are a number of manufacturers on this globe, both domestic and foreign that know how to build quality firearms.
I feel that this is one of them.
You folks are smart enough to do your own research and review of reviews and specs so, I'm not going to try and do that here.
However, I will tell you that after tearing this down on the bench to "get the factory out of it", then subsequently cycling 20 gauge 1 oz slug, #3 buck, #4 high brass and #7 1/2 low brass bird-shot through it out back here, I am very confident that; although we have a number of alternatives, it will effectively serve it's purpose as our new all-around grab gun for 4 legged - as well as 2 legged varmints here on the hill.

It holds five 2-3/4" shells in the tube so, it's a 5+1 shotgun (Note: it does have a 3" chamber so, with 3" shells it has one-less in shell capacity)
If you can't get it done with 5-6 shotgun rounds, you probably ought to be running...;)

A few more pics:

20210228_160615.jpg 20210228_160855.jpg 20210228_161120.jpg 20210228_161206.jpg 20210228_161235.jpg 20210228_161412.jpg 20210228_161522.jpg

Enjoy.
Renster

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
View attachment 2492948

I had been studying this shotgun for... some time.
I'm all about buy American of course but, when it come to firearms in particular - I'm quite cognizant that there are a number of manufacturers on this globe both domestic and foreign that know how to build quality firearms.
You folks are smart enough to do your own research and review of reviews and specs so, I'm not going to try and do that here.
However, I will tell you that after tearing this down on the bench to "get the factory out of it", then subsequently cycling 20 gauge 1 oz slug, #3 buck, #4 high brass and #7 1/2 low brass bird-shot through it out back here, I am very confident that; although we have a number of alternatives, it will effectively serve it's purpose as our new all-around grab gun for 4 legged - as well as 2 legged varmints here on the hill.

It holds five 2-1/2" shells in the tube so, it's a 5+1 shotgun.
If you can't get it done with 5-6 shotgun rounds, you probably ought to be running...;)

A few more pics:

View attachment 2492961 View attachment 2492962 View attachment 2492963 View attachment 2492964 View attachment 2492965 View attachment 2492966 View attachment 2492967

Enjoy.
Renster
View attachment 2492948

I had been studying this shotgun for... some time.
I'm all about buy American of course but, when it come to firearms in particular - I'm quite cognizant that there are a number of manufacturers on this globe both domestic and foreign that know how to build quality firearms.

It holds five 2-1/2" shells in the tube so, it's a 5+1 shotgun.

A few more pics:

View attachment 2492961 View attachment 2492962 View attachment 2492963 View attachment 2492964 View attachment 2492965 View attachment 2492966 View attachment 2492967

Enjoy.
Renster
OMG What a nice friggin shot gun ! I just saw this, what is it? What does that say on the side of reciever ' Churchill ' ? I know you musta put that meat tenderizer on the muzz of that thing.
I want one ! Gotta have one!
I have all 12's but cant stand to shoot them anymore, I know if I ever "had to use them " I wont even feel the recoil but it would be nice to shoot them once in awhile to.
The reason I have that stock on my Maverick 88 isnt because I wanted to ' G-Dog ' it out but length of pull was way to long on stock one and I got the one I could find with the biggest sissy pad ( as we used to call them ) on it and thats what I wound up with.
I havent even shot it yet w/new stock but will as soon I heal up from my surgery I gotta have soon.
BTW, still waiting on my 1911 grips from Allamont ( sp? ) but they said it would be 9 or so weeks and its prolly been 8 or so....cant wait...chomping at the bit.
But I love that 20 ga shot shooter and want one.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Gerrard,

It's the EAA Chuchhill 620 Pump Tactical.
It came stock with the breach (saw-tooth) choke.
They make it in the model 612 (12 Ga.) as well.
It's Turkish manufactured, like your new 1911.

I have 410, 20, and 12 bore shotguns for different applications but... I'm a big fan of the 20 bore for all around upland hunting, grab and go guns, and for defense. Good effectiveness with less recoil.
Bud's Guns online sells these, typically in the 612 12 gauge, but a local shop that I stopped into a few weeks ago had two 12's and two 20's. I bought a 20 on the spot of course.

That's a Spika neoprene shell holder on the stock. I buy those on Amazon and use them on a number of long guns to hold back-up cartridges/shells.

#3 buck in 20 bore is a knock-out shell on coyotes out to about 40 paces. (Ask me how I know... 🤜)

As my review says, it's my new grab gun. I keep five 2-3/4" #3 buck in the tube and four more in the shell holder. I keep the chamber empty in the house. (It will take 3" shells as well - but that reduces the capacity by one and, I just plain don't need 3" shells).

Bad mannered coyotes - both 4 legged as well as 2 ... are toast on the business end of this here 20 bore ...;)

Hope you find one Gerrard!

Renster

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
Gerrard,

It's the EAA Chuchhill 620 Pump Tactical.
It came stock with the breach (saw-tooth) choke.
They make it in the model 612 (12 Ga.) as well.
It's Turkish manufactured, like your new 1911.

I have 410, 20, and 12 bore shotguns for different applications but... I'm a big fan of the 20 bore for all around upland hunting, grab and go guns, and for defense. Good effectiveness with less recoil.
Bud's Guns online sells these, typically in the 612 12 gauge, but a local shop that I stopped into a few weeks ago had two 12's and two 20's. I bought a 20 on the spot of course.

That's a Spika neoprene shell holder on the stock. I buy those on Amazon and use them on a number of long guns to hold back-up cartridges/shells.

#3 buck in 20 bore is a knock-out shell on coyotes out to about 40 paces. (Ask me how I know... 🤜)

As my review says, it's my new grab gun. I keep five 2-3/4" #3 buck in the tube and four more in the shell holder. I keep the chamber empty in the house. (It will take 3" shells as well - but that reduces the capacity by one and, I just plain don't need 3" shells).

Bad mannered coyotes - both 4 legged as well as 2 ... are toast on the business end of this here 20 bore ...;)

Hope you find one Gerrard!

Renster
I love it and thanks for the info. I had a EAA ( European American Armory ) witness .45 auto back in 1999 or 2000, it had what was called a " wonder finish" on it and looked kinda irradescent (sp?) like a greenish-silverish color, real different and was a double stack mag 1911 and was a good gun. But I thot my new one Rock Island was made in the Philipines ?
That #3 buck is 8-36 cal. balls right?
Well I found this on an old shotgun shell box in my Grandpa's stuff yrs. ago, it was on the side of the box and they were old wax coated paper shells. It read as follows:
000 = 8 - 36 cal. balls
00 = 9 - 33 cal. balls
0 - = 12 - 32 cal. balls
# 1 = 16 - 30 cal. balls
# 4 = 27 - 24 cal. balls
And I have carried that in my wallet for 20 yrs. prolly and cany hardly find anything but .000 at least in shops. Thats a 12 ga. list I think as it was a box of 12's.
I have some #4 in the mini-shells somewhere and I tore it open and there they were 27 balls!
Hang Tuff

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good morning Gerrard,

#3 buck in 2 3/4" 20 gauge is 20 pellets of #3 lead shot, about an ounce and an eighth worth.
On that chart you show, it's closer to the bottom than top.
There's a big difference between the 0 size shot and the # sizes of shot. Alot of people confuse that.
For instance - most buckshot shells for hunting and defense are in the 00 buck size.
I tend to go the other direction for varmints and defense. More pellets, less recoil, and still good effectiveness.

Renster

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
Good morning Gerrard,

#3 buck in 2 3/4" 20 gauge is 20 pellets of #3 lead shot, about an ounce and an eighth worth.
On that chart you show, it's closer to the bottom than top.
There's a big difference between the 0 size shot and the # sizes of shot. Alot of people confuse that.
For instance - most buckshot shells for hunting and defense are in the 00 buck size.
I tend to go the other direction for varmints and defense. More pellets, less recoil, and still good effectiveness.

Renster
Good morning to you to, Im up to go t\see a surgeon anyway. I only sleep 12 hrs. a week and always have, part zombie I guess.
I have some .000 buck for a .410 and its 3 balls of probably .40 cal or something close and when you fire it you have no idea where any of its gonna go.
I had a Springfiels Scout .22 over .410 that I loved and it was made for Spr. by CZ and I really like that but anyway I have stood 15 feet in front of a torso target w/the .000/.410 and put them in a fist size group and next shot might miss the entire target lol.
Gotta go.....
Oh heres a nice .308 of my sons before I go, he would kill me if he knew I posted this lol.
He's got the good stuff

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But I thot my new one Rock Island was made in the Philipines ?
Your right of course Gerrard!
I was confusing your RIA with my Tisas … :rolleyes:
Which is, in fact - Turkish manufactured...

Sorry 'bout that.

Good luck at the surgeon today! (y)

Renster

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
Your right of course Gerrard!
I was confusing your RIA with my Tisas … :rolleyes:
Which is, in fact - Turkish manufactured...

Sorry 'bout that.

Good luck at the surgeon today! (y)

Renster
Im gonna have to e-mail that Altamont or whoever co. ( I have it in here) about my grip slabs, they said it would be 9 to 12 weeks so its getting close. Im gonna back-track the beginning of this thread to see just when it was.
Nothing but bad luck at the surgeon tho, stuff I did not wanna hear for certain.
Imma gonna check some dates on here about those grips, later man

1 - 9 of 9 Posts