My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally received some snow here is western Ohio (north of I-70). My unofficial measurement is just under a foot of snow and about an inch of ice mixed in.

My DYS 4500 with a 24 HP twin B&S and 14" snow blade did a pretty good job. Due to the ice and depth, it was a little time consuming since I had to take smaller cuts. Luckily, (or hopefully) we normally do not receive many of these snows or I would be running out of snow piling room soon.

I am pleased with the blade, especially for the 2-4" common snows. I am still torn if I am going to grab a large walk behind blower or an additional tractor with a dedicated blower on it. This is my first winter in this house and I wanted to see what works.

No action shots but some after shots:

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Nice pics, nice rig. That DYS4500 did a great job! You have a beautiful home too. I hope you get some melting or have enough room for the next storm. We only got about 5" of snow with an inch of sleet on top of that. It was still heavy enough to make my 24hp Craftsman Pro bark a couple times going through drifts. This has certainly been a great winter for seat time up here!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice pics, nice rig. That DYS4500 did a great job! You have a beautiful home too. I hope you get some melting or have enough room for the next storm. We only got about 5" of snow with an inch of sleet on top of that. It was still heavy enough to make my 24hp Craftsman Pro bark a couple times going through drifts. This has certainly been a great winter for seat time up here!
We are only supposed to get one day of above freezing temps before the next round...hopefully not much though.

Thanks on the house...it if a Federal influenced farm house. It has a huge kitchen with a fireplace. I have always liked old farm houses. I was going through a divorce and lucked into this home for my new bachelor pad.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Nice looking house and property. Looks like a great job on the plowing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts