My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
When I bought the X738 from the dealer I had used for Ag stuff, I learned that they do transfers / trades with 'some' of the other dealers.
I've had similar conversation with automobile dealers.

Seems like dealer trades / transfers are a 'sometimes' thing -- depending on if they get along with the dealer that has the item they need.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,425 Posts
They show an "average" so since it doesn't contain "specific" info about their bills it's OK to share. I don't know which ones are higher or lower than my usage.
I still think that’s wrong. And a bit creepy. “We’re watching your consumption. Your neighbors aren’t using as much electricity as you do. What are you up to?”

Tell them you think the neighbors are stealing your electricity. 😂

·
Registered
965 Posts
That was my reaction at first. Then I finally came to the realization that it's just a game to try to sell you "energy saving" projects such as new windows, new appliances, or whatever. If you're using too much energy, your house must be wasting it somehow, and you can pay us to fix that!

Reactions: UrbanTractor

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,425 Posts
That was my reaction at first. Then I finally came to the realization that it's just a game to try to sell you "energy saving" projects such as new windows, new appliances, or whatever. If you're using too much energy, your house must be wasting it somehow, and you can pay us to fix that!
Ahhh - - could very well be. Everybody has an angle…

·
Professional Homeowner
8,519 Posts
Well, there is sometimes a financial/business case for even the average homeowner for some upgrades. LED bulbs and or a timer for things like a swimming pool pump come to mind. Pretty decent savings and quick payback on a very small investment.
New windows or doors, adding insulation, and new more efficient appliances might be bigger investments that are a little tougher to justify.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Stopped at a JD dealer this afternoon.
The had a long (outdoor)line of 1, 2 and 3 series tractors.
Most with loaders, some with backhoes.
Also a handful of zero turns, including some that were the stand-up only versions.

Inside there was one X739.
Commented to the greeter -- 'you got lawnmowers!'
Response was we have 'a' lawnmower -- that's the only one that isn't sold.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That’s what we found. My wife called the local office and said we were using the same equipment so usage was similar as it had been so why were they saying usage had gone up and was significantly higher than last. They checked and said we shouldn’t have gotten that letter. Of course year to year is only similar due to weather causing more or less furnace or AC usage. Definitely a push to sell things to us like has been said, especially the stuff to turn off the AC when they want to. With all the Nuke plants being shut down, there’s going to be more and more blackouts.

·
Registered
965 Posts
With all the Nuke plants being shut down, there’s going to be more and more blackouts.
... and all the coal plants, and all the natural gas plants. This country is way too anxious to shut down what are deemed to be politically-incorrect sources of electric generation without a replacement, and at the same time we're supposed to convert everything, mainly cars, to electric power as soon as possible. Those two goals are in direct opposition to each other. Yes, blackouts are going to be the result. Wind and solar are not going to be able to pick up the slack fast enough and may not ever pick up 100%, and we haven't built a new nuclear plant in many years. Nuclear has its own challenges, but it doesn't burn any fossil fuels or emit CO2 in order to operate.

Reactions: PJJ

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I stopped by my dealer yesterday, thought I posted here but don’t see it. Posted in the what did you do forum.
they had a big Z, I think it was a 790 with 7 Iron deck, an X380, X570, and an X738 four wheel drive. She priced it out with a 54” deck because she said she new they had one. $15,775 out the door. They would not transfer. About 30 minutes west of Baltimore. I put their phone in the other post.

·
Registered
22’ JD X330 48”
6 Posts
My dealer had no riding mower/tractors left when I went in yesterday for some oil and a filter for my first service (8 hours on my 1 month old X330). I also picked up their last home service kit (for my 50 hour change) since the one I needed was already sitting on the shelf. When I bought my X330 a month ago stock was already dwindling and they had to bring mine in from the showroom floor from another dealer outside of town an hour away.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts