My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have seen the low used tractors & zero turns at the local dealer go from low to nothing so I checked them online and all their 33 stores are dwindling. They just recently got some 1023’s and 1025’s. I decided to check Roeder Outdoor Power who always seems to have decent offerings until yesterday. They only had 1 low end zero turn; 1 X738 with cab and stuff that makes it very expensive; and 1 SCUT. If they don’t have anything, lots of luck finding used unless you are buying from an owner and that’s getting slimmer too.

I check the local Kubota and New Holland dealers too and find similar.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went past a kubota dealer in southern Michigan this past weekend and was surprised to see how well stocked they were. Looked almost normal.
Do mind sharing the dealer name?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That was my reaction at first. Then I finally came to the realization that it's just a game to try to sell you "energy saving" projects such as new windows, new appliances, or whatever. If you're using too much energy, your house must be wasting it somehow, and you can pay us to fix that!
That’s what we found. My wife called the local office and said we were using the same equipment so usage was similar as it had been so why were they saying usage had gone up and was significantly higher than last. They checked and said we shouldn’t have gotten that letter. Of course year to year is only similar due to weather causing more or less furnace or AC usage. Definitely a push to sell things to us like has been said, especially the stuff to turn off the AC when they want to. With all the Nuke plants being shut down, there’s going to be more and more blackouts.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I bought my X730 at the end of July 2021. They had nothing in stock but had two coming in July. I just did a price comparison to a new 2022 X730 Deere's on line build it.
X730 with 54 deck and brush guard .... (2021-- $11,915.) (2022----- $ 14,412). A $ 2,497 increase. My actual purchase in 2021 was the X730 with 54 deck, auto connect, brush guard and 54" 4-way front blade for ($13,315.) So by getting it a year ago, I got the snow blade for free! o_O
Sometimes it pays to not wait. Kind of like the stock market, except prices of new are generally always going to be higher. Deals will be a thing of the past for a while.

Reactions: Jim16

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I called the local dealer to inquire about a 44” snowblower for my 1 month old X330 today. My sales rep told me it was a wise move to check now, most will wait until September/October and by then it’s often too late due to supply/demand, especially this year. (it’s even worse in Canada). They had a couple in stock so I put a deposit down right away over the phone, picking it up this weekend. Prices seem to jumping lately too, just noticed my X330 is listed as $700 more than I paid a month ago.

We usually get our first major dump in November,
.. but it does come as early as late September/ early October…Northern Alberta 🇨🇦

400’+ driveway

View attachment 2557543
Too bad you didn’t buy it at the same time as the tractor. My understanding is then you get the same warranty period on the blower as you did for the tractor.

Seems to be something the salesmen overlook telling most customers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts