My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have seen the low used tractors & zero turns at the local dealer go from low to nothing so I checked them online and all their 33 stores are dwindling. They just recently got some 1023’s and 1025’s. I decided to check Roeder Outdoor Power who always seems to have decent offerings until yesterday. They only had 1 low end zero turn; 1 X738 with cab and stuff that makes it very expensive; and 1 SCUT. If they don’t have anything, lots of luck finding used unless you are buying from an owner and that’s getting slimmer too.

I check the local Kubota and New Holland dealers too and find similar.

·
Registered
John Deere X595 with 45 loader, 445, 430, 330, and too many more
225 Posts
Yep. My local dealer has nothing but low end riders (s200 series) out front and told me if I buy a GT it’s a 6 month plus wait. Good thing I don’t buy new.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Supplies everywhere are like this. Getting old fast sadly and looks like it’s here to stay for awhile.

Reactions: LukeL

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
My rural JD dealer has only 7 used garden tractors spread over its 11 dealer locations. 4 of them are JDs, others Cub Cadets. Feeling like the squeeze is on.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I went past a kubota dealer in southern Michigan this past weekend and was surprised to see how well stocked they were. Looked almost normal.
Great! First good inventory news in a while.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went past a kubota dealer in southern Michigan this past weekend and was surprised to see how well stocked they were. Looked almost normal.
Do mind sharing the dealer name?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Automotive dealer inventories are starting to increase around here (but no where near 2019 levels).
Maybe we'll start to see the same with L&G units.

Certainly seems to be lots of SCUT and CUT units around.

·
Super Moderator
43,244 Posts
Was at the Lowes in Erie today and they had three JD ZT's and about 6 of the D series JD's out front. I didn't see any other machines out front though.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I went by Gladhills in Damascus MD a week or so ago and they looked like they were getting back to normal. 4-5 1 series. I went in to get something and they had half a dozen on the floor. Didn't pay attention to what they were? I'll go by tomorrow and see what they have and ask if they mind shipping to other dealerships.

·
Professional Homeowner
8,517 Posts
Do mind sharing the dealer name?
Farm Depot

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
It isn't just physical equipment.

• May 13, 2022 received an email from my power company assuring us that all is well they have plenty of capacity and even reserves to meet the hottest weather demands.
  • June 23, 2022 received an email from my power company telling us they will be shutting off the power to the interruptible customers up to 30 minutes per hour for 1/3 of the day. "As a reminder, your air conditioning cycling will be limited to no more than eight hours in a 24-hour period and no more than 30 minutes per hour. You'll know that your service has been interrupted when the red light on your device is lit."

·
Super Moderator
43,244 Posts
We've been receiving the, "you are using more electric than your neighbors" notices with each bill for about 3 months now. Just added an AC window unit so we'll see how that goes. They also don't take into account that I added a workshop and none of my neighbors have one!

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,401 Posts
It isn't just physical equipment.

• May 13, 2022 received an email from my power company assuring us that all is well they have plenty of capacity and even reserves to meet the hottest weather demands.
  • June 23, 2022 received an email from my power company telling us they will be shutting off the power to the interruptible customers up to 30 minutes per hour for 1/3 of the day. "As a reminder, your air conditioning cycling will be limited to no more than eight hours in a 24-hour period and no more than 30 minutes per hour. You'll know that your service has been interrupted when the red light on your device is lit."
Ha!!

When we moved into our “new” place about 3+ years ago, I started receiving notices from the power company explaining that the previous owners (a very elderly couple) had signed up for a “money-saving” program which allowed the power company to remotely turn off their air conditioners during peak usage periods, typically the hottest days of the year. The reason being to reduce stress on the grid.

Eventually they called asking permission to continue doing this, explaining that all the hardware was already in place. I asked how much money would be saved by continuing this program. They said at the end of the calendar year, they would give us a $20 energy credit. I replied, “You’re joking, right? So you want us to go without air conditioning for hours at a time on the hottest days of the year, the days we need the air conditioning more than ever, and you are only offering us $20 on our January bill?!?” I laughed and said no way.

I had an electrician here shortly thereafter for other reasons, and had him remove all the controller hardware from the three a/c units.

Are you enrolled in a similar program that allows them to throttle your usage?

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,401 Posts
We've been receiving the, "you are using more electric than your neighbors" notices with each bill for about 3 months now. Just added an AC window unit so we'll see how that goes. They also don't take into account that I added a workshop and none of my neighbors have one!
Why in the world are they sharing this info? It’s none of your business how much electricity your neighbors are using. Shame on them.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Yes we are on the same interruptible service for the AC unit and the electric water heater that the prior owners had. The electric water heater interruptions are not a concern as there is 50 gallons of hot water in it always. Takes a long time to use/cool that down noticeably.

AC on hot days is another thing. I guess we'd be OK retreating to the walk out basement as it remains in the mid 60's most of the time. I have to replace the furnace and AC units this year so may have the service switched when the HVAC guys are out here doing the work.

My concern is that they talk out of both sides of their mouths. One day its "buy EVs we've got your back", the next day its we are stressing the grid and base load power is in short supply "rolling cut offs are necessary". Man, I just can't do this.

Reactions: UrbanTractor

·
Super Moderator
43,244 Posts
Why in the world are they sharing this info? It’s none of your business how much electricity your neighbors are using. Shame on them.
They show an "average" so since it doesn't contain "specific" info about their bills it's OK to share. I don't know which ones are higher or lower than my usage.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Just went by Gladhills in Damascus MD. They have a 2 series outside and some bigger ones. Inside a big Z, maybe a Z790 with a 7 iron deck, an X380, X570, and X738 4WD. She priced the X738 with a 54" deck because she knew they had one. $15,775 out the door. All set up of course. They do not transfer. If interested in a road trip, their number is, 301 253 2141.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts