My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JVC kw avx 810 dvd/radio and it has a Bose system with 4 spkrs and 2 tweeters. I want to take out the stock radio and run the speakers to the jvc. My questions are should I leave the speakers hooked up to the factory amps if there are any and also run to the jvc's spkr wires or just bypass the factory stuff and go to the jvc.

My gut feeling is to just bypass since the jvc should sound just as good if not better than how much the stock amps were pushing them. Also can I tie in the tweeters to the front speakers since the jvc only has 4 speaker outs and if so would parallel be fine?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I'm thinking that the Bose has some kind of funny hookup you'd have to deal with. I was going to change out the system in my Avalanche and talked the tech guys at crutchfield and they mentioned there was another splitter or something that would have to be changed to use the Bose with another unit.... This has all been a few years back and it was cheaper to get a portable DVD for my son anyway!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking that the Bose has some kind of funny hookup you'd have to deal with. I was going to change out the system in my Avalanche and talked the tech guys at crutchfield and they mentioned there was another splitter or something that would have to be changed to use the Bose with another unit.... This has all been a few years back and it was cheaper to get a portable DVD for my son anyway!
thanks and yeah someone else from another forum was saying it would be much easier and pretty much the only way and best way to go is to get the necessary harness to harness connections so all of the features and onstar stuff would remain the same

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
ya, I forgot all about the onstar... Since GM switched modules a couple years back mine has been worthless anyways... At least my XM is still good. I wanted an in dash GPS for years. I priced take outs from Escalades, but I had heard getting map updates was a hassle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts