My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see in the picture below, my 22260 is missing the engine guard that commercial Lawn-Boys are famous for. I've been checking eBay, but no luck yet. Are these reasonably priced at a dealership or something?

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,767 Posts
Depends on what you call reasonable. They are expensive to me... between 60 and 80 bucks plus shipping.

But for what you stole that mower for another bit more wont kill you. :trink40:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does this thing support the muffler at all? The muffler on mine seems awfully loose.

·
Lawn-Boys Everywhere
1,292 Posts
To my eye, you have the older style DF muffler with the welded black cage/guard on it, certainly nothing to be loose here. The muffler is held on the the motor mount plate with two bolts and a thrid, very long bolt goes through the muffler. I would guess that this long bolt on the side of the muffler is either loose or gone. Might want to have a look.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Bruce, it makes sense because lawn boy used a shorter handle on the 98 and 99 models as well...

That Guard is correct for the older models and is quite rare, its more curved then a 2000 model..

·
Registered
388 Posts
I need one of these for my second 22260, because the original is all bent up. I thought it might be a parts machine, but it runs so I'll likely fix it up.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll give it a look tomorrow when it's light out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts