41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
View attachment 2493757

I looked online for 30 min and could not describe a search term to bring up anything. All i was able to get is this which is deemed "snapper cotter pin" because it goes with a Snapper product.

Was in TSC today and they didn't have any, guy tried to help, said he has seen them before but no idea where to source.

I'm not even sure they're necessary. Lost a bunch. First 2 were for the front retaining bracket that attaches to JD mower deck to hold the deck up, I know you know what I'm talking about. You remove them from the front bracket where it attaches to the frame every time you take the deck off.

Others were for my Johnny bucket and plow. Now I'm sure a clevis pin would work and yea I could get the part from a deere dealer for 100% markup but if I wanted to replace them with the same style what in the heck do I search for?
Their called Lynch Pins and tractor supply carries them unless they are sold out

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Their called Lynch Pins and tractor supply carries them unless they are sold out
Nope, not Lynch Pins. They have a loop that surrounds the pin. Plus there aren’t any small enough to go through the hole in the pin.

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lynch pins are a bit different. They are 2 pieces, a pin and a ring that flips over the clevis pin to keep the clip from sliding out. The pin he wants is all one piece of wire, sort of an R clip on steroids. A lynch pin might even work but it is not the one he showed.

·
Premium Member
6,902 Posts
I found a missing clips using my sons metal detector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
9,940 Posts
I lost one of the larger locking cotter pins inside the bucket of my Johnny Bucket Sr., a rough environment for a pin, I think you'll agree. I also lost two or three small ones in the linkage on the hydraulic levers of my Deere X748, where they really don't look like they are under that much stress.

·
Super Moderator
7,017 Posts
The problem with finding these is that you are asking for the wrong thing. They are, in fact simply called DUDES!

Just go to your local tractor dealership and ask for some DUDES! Tell them you need them to hold your tractor together. They'll fix you right up.

·
Old Tractor Enthusiest
458 Posts
McMaster Carr has that exact item. Locking cotter pin. Page 3638 in their catalog.

·
Registered
876 Posts
A cheap cotter pin wouldn't come out, or round end facing forward helps or you could use some small cable with a ring terminal crimped on both ends one end on clip other bolted to deck. They may come off but never lost.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cotter pin p/n M154221 0.92 cents each. Good Luck
View attachment 2493757

I looked online for 30 min and could not describe a search term to bring up anything. All i was able to get is this which is deemed "snapper cotter pin" because it goes with a Snapper product.

Was in TSC today and they didn't have any, guy tried to help, said he has seen them before but no idea where to source.

I'm not even sure they're necessary. Lost a bunch. First 2 were for the front retaining bracket that attaches to JD mower deck to hold the deck up, I know you know what I'm talking about. You remove them from the front bracket where it attaches to the frame every time you take the deck off.

Others were for my Johnny bucket and plow. Now I'm sure a clevis pin would work and yea I could get the part from a deere dealer for 100% markup but if I wanted to replace them with the same style what in the heck do I search for?
McMaster-Carr calls it a Locking cotter pin.
mcmastercarr.com

41 - 52 of 52 Posts