My Tractor Forum banner

Dual wheel spacers

30K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  CHEVY&SEARS 
#1 ·
For anyone that is considering adding dual rear wheels to your Garden tractor, I highly recommend using the set that Miller Sells- I bought them off Ebay, and they arrived in a short time, and include everything you need to install your dual wheels. There are others on ebay that sell a similar spacer WITH NO BOLTS- you will end up paying more for those unless you already have long carraige bolts. This is a complete set and worked great! Just wanted to share my good experience with you.

Belt Fashion accessory

Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Wheel Auto part

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire Tire

Motor vehicle Vehicle Snow Car Floor

See less See more
#2 ·
Good to know. Are those duals the same size as the inside ones? The duals look considerably bigger.

#3 ·
right now I have 6-12's inside, and 23x8.50's outside- the 8.50 are considerable bigger, even flat. I have another pair of 6-12's coming in this week.

#9 ·
I am not sure the Lawn tractor axles could handle the extra stress of duals. The axles on the Super12 I put the duals on are 1" steel shaft with splines- these transmissions have been used for pulling in their stock format and will take a lot of abuse. Also, I ran the inner duals 'backwards' so when both wheels are bolted on, the center of weight for both wheels sits about where a single wheel would- I.E. if you measured across both tires with the spacer installed and it was 12" across, the center of the whole assembly is about where the hub is on my axle- this is important because if the tires stick out too far, it will put more stress on the axle bearing, and the axle outside of the housing. I am essentially putting no more stress than factory on my axle.

Vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Toy Automotive wheel system

this is what it looked like with only the inner ags on.

#10 ·
Would you be able to measure the exact diameter of the polyurethane spacers for me when you get a chance, if you could that would be great.

#12 ·
Ok thanks for the size, they would be a good tight fit then.

#13 ·
...and here are some updated pictures- I added 1966 flat fenders and the correct 3 point.

#16 ·
they are on my 1967 Suburban 10

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.