My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys I drug the old 66 suburban 10 out from storage. I had to fix a flat tire on the front first thing LOL. Nothing a tube would fix, the tire would leak down in about 2 hours. I also hung the 3 point on it and changed the seat.I haven't tried to start it yet, but I'm sure it will have no problems running. Since it ran fine the last time I had it out. I hope not any how. I hope to get started back on this project, and maybe even finish it this summer.:trink39:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Look in good shape my friend! God willing you get it done and enjoy it by summers end! We got ours running good with carb clean. I see it is a challenge to change fuel line! No where to get your hands back in to hold nut for tank bands! I will learn! :)

·
7000 posts and climbing!
7,145 Posts
Are ya planning on doing a full restore on it or just getting it into good mechanical condition with its original appearance? Looks like a neat tractor. I've heard some people say they really like the old blue Suburban 10 tractors.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well I plan on doing a complete restore at sometime. But as of right now I want to get all the bugs worked out. Get every thing shimmed to where it goes, all things work correctly. I have to add a starter selinoid, and a new switch, since I converted it to a Battery ignition. New tires, I want 4.00x8" tri ribs on the front and 10.50X23X12 Deestone Ags on the rear, Mounted on 7" deep offset wheels. The front wheels that are on it. They are factory narrow wheels from a 1973 st/10. Plow, I really like the old tractor, it has gobs of bottom end, I think it will have plenty of pulling power. It is really different to drive compared to my 16/6 !!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts