My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 1984 Evinrude 70 that I’ve had for 10 years now has always given me an eye dropper full of fuel in the well the morning after I use the boat. I’d never really worried about it, but a few weeks back I noticed the fuel lines were seeping when I pumped the bulb, and it wouldn’t stay hard. I replaced all the lines and Ts on the fuel and primer lines, no seeping, and the bulb stays hard. Now I’m down to 1/2 an eye dropper of fuel in the well. Ideas? Is this just inevitable? I replaced the hose from the bottom of the manifold too, no obvious signs of where it’s coming from. The motor runs perfect so I hate to do anything different than I’ve always done, but I’m tempted to try and unplug the fuel line and run it dry when I come up on the trailer, I’m thinking that would solve the issue with the few drops, but introduce other issues running it dry. Thoughts?

·
blinged out
1,759 Posts
running it till it stalls won't empty the lines! likely fuel connector seals are worn so either replace them or remove them and go with line direct to fuel pump!if this motor has a primer pump for cold start check the pump and those lines as well!
if fuel delivery line can leak fuel they can suck air and that's not good for engine longevity or good operation!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts