My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, guys, a little help here. I just had my trusses delivered for my new pole barn, but the drive on my property was a little on the wet side. To say that they destroyed it, well, that is an understatement. I don't blame them, Heck, I am just glad that they did not get stuck. Question is, what would be the best implement or way to level it back out again? I just got a Kubota B2320 tractor. Any help would be great. Thanks!

WB

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Water boy welcome to MTF! I would think that a grader blade would suffice
the task. However if you're married, tell the wife that you need a FEL, a
Box Blade, and a backhoe also or the property will never be right.:ROF:trink40:

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Wait a second. Your tractor is a TLB. Scratch the above except BB and
Grader blade.:trink40: :trink40: :thThumbsU :thThumbsU

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait a second. Your tractor is a TLB. Scratch the above except BB and
Grader blade.:trink40: :trink40: :thThumbsU :thThumbsU
TLB? I guess I have no idea what that means.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
How about a picture of the damage?... is it gravel, mud, or pavement?... etc....

give us more to go on.... it's like saying: I crashed my car, what do I need to fix it?

we'd be glad to suggest all kinds of tools, implements, and materials.... cheers!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about a picture of the damage?... is it gravel, mud, or pavement?... etc....

give us more to go on.... it's like saying: I crashed my car, what do I need to fix it?

we'd be glad to suggest all kinds of tools, implements, and materials.... cheers!
It is a gravel drive. I have a lot of clay on this property, and I think that they only went down about 6 inches or less when they put the drive in. I was out there today and the FEL was able to level some of it out, but it got dark and I had to take the tractor home. Hope this helps.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
I just bought a 48" Landpride box blade for my 800 foot gravel driveway last week and I'm amazed with the results - I dont think I could have done it as well with a grader blade. I'm sure the blade would do just as well in the right hands, but the box blade seems to have a much shallower learning curve. I pretty much hooked it on, set the pitch of the box the way I wanted it with a bit of experimentation and away I went. Did the whole driveway in about 2 hours and looks fantastic.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info, guys!. I am trying to do the best I can with the FEL, but I need a little something more. I am sure my wife will say, "Oh, you need more stuff for the tractor, eh?", But, we shall see.

WB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts