My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I search, the more cloudy it becomes.

Looking for a drive belt length, for a 1966 Custom 6.

4 speed Transmission

I've seen 21/32 X 72, 5/8 X 72 and 5/8 X 73

I can't find anyplace online that lists them by application, just belt width and length.

Last resort and maybe the best, is to take original belt off and measure it. However it looks very rough and might not be the best or correct length.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Take the existing belt to your local auto parts store. They can measure it for you and look for the belt.
Another way is to run a piece of rope around the belt system. Then take that to the auto parts store t get it measured. I've had to do that several times on machine where I installed after market tractor accessories.
Owners manuals, if you have one, sometime include a parts list with numbers that can be cross referenced.

·
Registered
248 Posts
i've always taken them off n took them to my local Tractor Supply and measured it up

·
15,000 +posts!
20,722 Posts
If you have the model # I might be able to lok one up in my Dayco catalog...

One problem with used tractors when its belt replacement time,is you never know if someone replaced an idler pulley or one on the engine or transaxle with one slightly larger or smaller,when an engine gets swapped,or a pulley fails,etc...sometimes trial and error is the only way to find the perfect size...but knowing what was the right one originally at least gives you a point to start from...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts