My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I recently purchased a 1977 446 repowered with an 18 hp b&s vanguard. It came with a mower deck, rototiller, and L84 snowcaster. I'm currently trying to replace the bearings in the snowcaster and cannot for the life of me remove the jackshaft. I've read elsewhere that most people end up cutting and replacing the shaft with all new materials. Just wondering if anyone has a good source for OEM or aftermarket snowcaster parts? Thank you!

·
Hemlock Case Guy
315 Posts
The dealer price is not out of line, especially since you are asking rather than already knowing how to get bearings by measuring them yourself and getting them.

The bearings will come off. They have a lock collar on them. That has to release the bearing. If force does not work, then they need to be torched off. With a torch, you can have them off in short order. Think muffler shop.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I recently purchased a 1977 446 repowered with an 18 hp b&s vanguard. It came with a mower deck, rototiller, and L84 snowcaster. I'm currently trying to replace the bearings in the snowcaster and cannot for the life of me remove the jackshaft. I've read elsewhere that most people end up cutting and replacing the shaft with all new materials. Just wondering if anyone has a good source for OEM or aftermarket snowcaster parts? Thank you!
Just send you a private message. I make shafts. the sprocket is not welded on its keyed, the pully is also keyed no roll pin. I also have bearings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts