My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
**** Hunter
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to build a drag to level and dig up/burry the weeds my semi packed stone/gravel driveway. I was thinking of tracking down a single section spike tooth or spring tooth drag. Which would be best? I know I will have t wait for a good soaking either way to soften up what gravel that is there but it needs to be done as weeds are taking over my drive.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts

·
**** Hunter
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Always wanted to see how those rotary harrows worked. Seems as if it would just bounce back and fourth. Those diamond harrow are just what I need lol. if they whernt in canadan I'd be at his house now.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I build this drag 10 years ago.

It does a good job. The drag levels and will pull some grass/weeds out in my driveway. I have used this drag to help build radio control off road dirt tracks and to level the soil in my yard so could sow grass seed. The blocks are solid cement foundation blocks that weigh 70-80 pounds each.

This one is 3 feet wide. It can be made to any width you want.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Always wanted to see how those rotary harrows worked. Seems as if it would just bounce back and fourth...
I image that with the angled teeth it would have a propensity turn in one direction as the forward angled teeth would meet with more resistance than the rearward facing side. The idea is that as each tooth goes around, whatever sod/thatch it collected when forward will shed when rearward.

When I was young, I had the job of running behind our ganged diamond harrows, grabbing the ropes one by one that dragged behind them and gave them a yank to lift the harrow and drop out the collected sod.

·
Registered
519 Posts
What I have and use is a skid with a box built on top of it. I usually used concrete blocks in the box for weight. I just hook her up and drag it around. Takes out weeds better than my box blade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts