My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
somanytractorsolittletime
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the DR. today for my yearly checkup, She said OH! your havn't had your exam. I said what exam? She said colon exam, your 54 and it's past time and I will set it up for you right now! before you get away. I said do I really need it. She said YES! And you need a a full blood workup also. PSA also. I see you havn't have a prostate check in some time,So here we go.

**** I went for checkup and really got it!

·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the blood tests back today. PSA test 0.5 whew passed that one. Everything else is good except my LDL 120 but my total chol is 182. So I guess I am good.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My cholesterol was a low 241 total,he told me to change my diet from fast food hamburgers and fries to something a little more healthy. I for get what all the others where but my thyroid (whatever that is) was low and has him concerned,my wife also.
I feel fine,just get tire some,out of breath if running or climbing stairs,but I don't exercise much at all.
They done an EKG and it read right at what it did 2 years ago,said that was a good sign,sugar was good,triglycerides were good.

My wife wanted me to go walking with her Saturday and we walked about mile and I was so tired when we got home.The worst part was walking up the hill to the house. My 83 year neighbor said if I exercised I'd feel a whole lot better.He rides a stationary bike 2 miles and walks 2 miles on a tread mill every day,plus eats a cup of blueberries per day.

·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I walk 2 miles a day everyday for the past ten years with my dog,she will not let me sit down until she has had her walk,and I can't cut it short because she knows where we turn around. It's good and bad,it has given me exercise even when I am tired.

Well I guess i'll say thanks to "emma" for the exercise!:thanku:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Exercise starts when you get out of bed. "I'm up and I'm dressed, I think". The I check my socks to see if they match.
Started at 1 mile a day, then 1-1/2, then 2, then....up to almost 6 miles a day now, in addition to what I do around the farm, here. Takes a big chunk of time out of the day, about 1-1/2 hours, I can do the banking and shopping at the same time, even stop at the hardware store to get paint or nuts/bolts for the tractor project.
Huffing and puffing will go away as you progress.
The sneaker companies await your purchases every other month. Well, in my case it's almost every 6 - 7 weeks for new shoes, now. Almost 1700 miles in the past 12 months.
My DR. doesn't care what exercise I do.Might as well just sit around and do nothing. Tried that, doesn't work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts