My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I helped my FIL put one of these together today and then he graded both mine and his driveway.

I'll tell you it works exactly the way it looks on video. Incredible tool he used it in the gravel and in the in his field that he just worked up just for grins. for anyone with a long driveway to maintain I would think this would be an awesome thing to have.

https://www.drpower.com/power-equipment/power-graders/power-graders/prompt-for-60-in-pgr-w-remote-drag-screen---web.axd?ctm_id=PG260DP&src=AW19A2FXE3963309&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwODlBRDuARIsAMy_28W9pdBoiHCwFzXQMWASOqkW3SMDpWBp9PJvnA6lwjm9hf8IvagPxEUaAtJCEALw_wcB

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
I helped my FIL put one of these together today and then he graded both mine and his driveway.

I'll tell you it works exactly the way it looks on video. Incredible tool he used it in the gravel and in the in his field that he just worked up just for grins. for anyone with a long driveway to maintain I would think this would be an awesome thing to have.

https://www.drpower.com/power-equipment/power-graders/power-graders/prompt-for-60-in-pgr-w-remote-drag-screen---web.axd?ctm_id=PG260DP&src=AW19A2FXE3963309&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwODlBRDuARIsAMy_28W9pdBoiHCwFzXQMWASOqkW3SMDpWBp9PJvnA6lwjm9hf8IvagPxEUaAtJCEALw_wcB
I like it but the price is rough. Can you compare it to what a GT with box blade can do?

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
And thought 750.00 was to much years ago. The actuator was never a selling point, cable operated would be even less of one. Last spring I could have bought a Cat hydraulic motor grader for a grand more than the 1700. Just had no place to store a machine of that size.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I like it but the price is rough. Can you compare it to what a GT with box blade can do?
I have used a box blade behind a CUT but not a GT. With a box blade there is a lot of operator involvement in knowledge in my opinion.

with this thing my father-in-law, who I don't believe has ever operated a box blade, look like a pro landscape professional within minutes; not a lot of operator skills required.

I do think you could adapt a box blade to work similar to this though. Add wheels and a leading toothbar.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I have used a box blade behind a CUT but not a GT. With a box blade there is a lot of operator involvement in knowledge in my opinion.

with this thing my father-in-law, who I don't believe has ever operated a box blade, look like a pro landscape professional within minutes; not a lot of operator skills required.

I do think you could adapt a box blade to work similar to this though. Add wheels and a leading toothbar.
It is very cool to hear that this attachment works as advertised. Kind of makes me wish I had bought one when it was on sale last month. I still worry about longevity. Like a lot of things, I don't think the DR name is what it used to be.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Neighbor had his out earlier in the week. It doesn't work will in wet rock but did move some rock a little. He said it brakes up hard packed rock better when dry. Guess that maybe determined later when the rain stops.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts