My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Does Dr still make this model? I don't see it on their website.They want 800 for it.

https://frederick.craigslist.org/grd/d/gaithersburg-dr-trac-vac/6746337409.html
I've got one like it (bought used a couple years ago, without that "bulb" on the front of the box, just 4 flat sides), with a 8hp motor I believe. Got it for $500cdn. I just bought it for the engine/blower, to use as part of a powered bagger setup for a Snapper 52" hydro walkbehind, the box/cart is just taking up space in my yard...

Blower works ok, impeller is solidly built, housing is kinda thin (it will get wrecked if you pick up rocks, I did this, and had to make a liner for it). The chipper is marginally useful, as the branch needs to be pretty straight and small enough to easily go through the hole at the bottom (by this I mean, branches/leaves/needles on the limb can jam the branch, and it can be a pain to work it free).

·
We're all friends here
14,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
They don’t make that model anymore, but you can find them on CL now and then.

Dave is right about rocks. They can do some internal damage to the housing. I am pretty careful about not sucking them up with the hose. The impeller is guaranteed for life. I replaced it once a few years ago. They were very good about it and even paid shipping both ways.

The cyclonic chamber on the older models does actually kee the dust from flying around. From the videos I’ve seen, the newer models can pour dust out the back end.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts