My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought this old trencher. The guy that i got it from said he took the trencher part off so he could make a mini dozer for his grandson. Thank goodness for me he never got it done. It has a n inline twin wisconson, im thankin a 16 or 18 hp not shure. The motor is trashed, its missing some parts but thats ok cause ive got a good running 20 hp kohler command to put on it. Its kinda in ruff shape but the hydro drive is all there pump, spool valves, drive motors. Oh ya I have no idea what year or make model this thang is, so if anybody has any idea let me hear it. It has a blade but i'm thanking about putting a quick way loader on it. I use to have one on my bolens 1886 and i sold it to a guy but now hes wainting to sell it all so i asked him about the loader and he said 300 bucks. But we'll see what happens

Attachments

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
I have seen some neat little crawlers made out of old trenchers.
Sounds like a nice project to me.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i thank. My future plans are to build a backhoe to go on it also. providing that the little fella works good.

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Ditch the Kohler command and get a kohler diesel......

JD40

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Is there a name brand on the trencher ? I have a tracked trencher (Case/Davis) with a 2 cylinder Wisconsin motor that runs GREAT .. Maybe you can try to save that motor ??

I cant recall the model # of the motor TJD I think ??

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The motor is missing the carb, the end of the starter is rotted off. I would love to stick with the old heap but i thank it would take to much money. i havent found any id tags on it. I'm pretty shure all or any tin work that it had is missing. The guy I got it from still has the blade that was on it, i didnt have enough room in my truck to get it all. I'm gonna see if he has anything that might have a name on it.

Ok on to my next question. The hydroaulic pump has one inlet and too outlets. I believe one was probley used to run the trencher the outher goes into some kind of a valve that splits the line. One goes to the hydro tank the other i have no idea where it goes as is not hooked to anything. I cant seam to find out any info on it either. It has a id tag that goes as follows

str-rite indusries inc
1hcs7-la
15802 b8

any help guys?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes its sta rite. Anybody herd of them. from what ive found in the net. they make a lot to do with pool pumps. but i cant find anything on hydro pumps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts