My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Doodlebug tractor Homemade Twin Kubota Diesel Model A and Model T Parts | eBay
You are looking at a doodlebug tractor. It was built in Wisconsin in the late 40's. At that time it had a large singe cylinder Wisconsin engine with a gear reduction feeding a single model A transmission connected to a shortened model A differential. About 6 years ago, it was modified to have a twin cylinder liquid cooled Kubota engine, just under .5 liter making about 12 HP. At that time it was owned by a very capable fabricator. He put several videos on youtube showing his improvements. These included a second model A transmission to give more gear choices and lower speed, and a hydraulic system and a snow blade. The front end is a shortened Model T axle and spindles. I modified the bearings to be like Model A and have eliminated the bearing tightening problem that Model T's had. I added a floor board from heavy sheet metal and did fluid changes on the two transmissions, engine, differential and radiator. The front bearings and seals are all new. I put on a 2" receiver hitch and used a grade 8 bolt from below to keep it from pivoting on the main bolt. This tractor is very strong. It starts easily as the glow plugs are hooked up and start the engine quickly. The radiator has a switch controlled cooling fan and the ignition switch starts the fuel pump when in the on position. It is fun to drive. I use first in the front transmission and second in the rear one for a comfortable speed across my yard. As an interesting note, I will point out that if you put both transmissions in reverse, it will go forward. I enjoy owning it and making improvements. I hope you will as well. The workmanship is amazing. Thank you for your interest. I have ramps to help with loading it into your trailer. 248-890-7226.
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery
Vehicle Auto part Engine Tractor Machine
Auto part Engine Pipe Machine Gas
Engine Vehicle Auto part Machine Car
Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery
Vehicle Auto part Engine Tractor Machine
Auto part Engine Pipe Machine Gas
Engine Vehicle Auto part Machine Car
Auto part Vehicle Engine Machine
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Lawn Motor vehicle
Auto part Vehicle Engine Machine
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Lawn Motor vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Afternoon. I have taken the listing off of E-Bay. It is still on Marketplace in my area near zip code 48198 in Michigan. I have removed the extensive hitch and winch gear and it is back to a 2" receiver hitch. I have dropped the price to $1000 as I need the room and of course could use the cash. I am putting my attention into a Power King 1618. Thanks, Paul 248-890-7226.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts