101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Parts collector
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #101

·
Make Better Mowers
1,966 Posts
Ha ha if I had the $5K he wanted for it I would have bought the whole deal.
I'm guessing that's 5K for the machine + loader. If he'll sell the loader separately, he'll surely sell the 445 alone.
The 445 is the King of all mowers in my book.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Even though your deck came from a 318 doesn't mean that the lift brackets are correct. The guy with the 318 probably couldn't lift his any more than you can. I just looked at your video again and your attachment points are definitely higher than on the old deck I sent. Which means that you will not be able to lift that deck but a very small distance. BTW, I have a 500 hour 445 and 40 loader for $6500.

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
I'm guessing that's 5K for the machine + loader. If he'll sell the loader separately, he'll surely sell the 445 alone.
mowergene,

Your book is missing a page, that page says the JD455 is the King of all mowers! :tango_face_devil:

CCMoe

·
Parts collector
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Even though your deck came from a 318 doesn't mean that the lift brackets are correct. The guy with the 318 probably couldn't lift his any more than you can. I just looked at your video again and your attachment points are definitely higher than on the old deck I sent. Which means that you will not be able to lift that deck but a very small distance. BTW, I have a 500 hour 445 and 40 loader for $6500.
The lift arms come with the 48" deck with the tractor.

mowergene,

Your book is missing a page, that page says the JD455 is the King of all mowers! :tango_face_devil:

CCMoe
ha ha. yeah I'd take a 455 over the 445. :tango_face_devil:

·
Make Better Mowers
1,966 Posts
mowergene,

CCMoe
I know that the 455 is the more desirable unit, but I've got my Nortrak for the FEL and such. For the mowin', I prefer gasoline. You must keep in mind that my books are mostly autobiographies with illustrations and in full color. Actually, I think the 445 and 455 are too small to do some of the chores I've done with the Nortrak.

·
Rebuilding my First JD GT
3,302 Posts
Sub’d so I can come back and read the whole thread and get up to speed. Looks interesting.

·
Parts collector
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #109

·
Parts collector
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
I guess I forgot to load the pics of the broken steering piston mount after I got the use piston. :00000060:

Yes this is a temp fix until I have time to tear it down to the frame. Then I will grind my welds and weld both sides, smooth them out and repaint the frame. I may even do a backing plate on the frame to help this not happen again.

Attachments

·
Parts collector
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
YEP I'm an idiot. So if you are not charging and the battery is all but dead your electric fuel pump will not be working to optimum performance. :fing20:

Ok on to the lift arms. YEP I forgot I had the original pair of lift arms from when I bought the deck. DOLP! :bonk:

Attachments

·
3,302 Posts
Ok all caught up. Wow $900 for a good running but needing some love 332, Score.

Do you have a twin cylinder 18 hp + GT or just the 140, 300 & 314 for mowing before this 332 ? Asking because you mention the hay you grow makes your other tractors bog down in the tall grass. I've never mowed deep grass with any of my twin cylinder powered gt's.

·
Parts collector
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Ok all caught up. Wow $900 for a good running but needing some love 332, Score.

Do you have a twin cylinder 18 hp + GT or just the 140, 300 & 314 for mowing before this 332 ? Asking because you mention the hay you grow makes your other tractors bog down in the tall grass. I've never mowed deep grass with any of my twin cylinder powered gt's.
All single Kohlers. I have not wanted to buy anything newer than 1990. While I would love to have the foot controls I don't trust the newer stuff. Add to that, the single Kohlers are dependable, easy to fix and there are way too many horror stories about the twins. Add to the fact that I have a slopped yard so I don't want to chance it.

If I could keep things under control I wouldn't have hay. LOL........ :tango_face_wink: I could have put the 48" deck back on the 314 and not had so much problems but then it would take me longer to mow. Thus the reason for the 332 so I could run a 50" deck with no problems without a twin gasser.

·
3,302 Posts
Makes sense to me :fing32:

·
Parts collector
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Makes sense to me :fing32:
Well I like to mow my yard in different 3 directions every 2-3 mowings. So I mow "sideways" when I mow across it. I don't want oil flow to be a problem when I do that. So I'll stick with my singles and my diesel. :tango_face_grin:

·
Parts collector
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Mopar, did you get your deck working so it would lift up and down? Looks like linkages are connected properly.
no, it still will not lift. :tango_face_crying: heck it won't even drop the whole way. I'm a a loss.

·
Parts collector
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
I really need to get the charging problems figured out. $106 from the dealer for a regulator. :tango_face_surprise

I did put freash winter diesel in it today with a new fuel filter and some winter additive.

Attachments

·
3,302 Posts
Mopar do you have a cell phone or camera you can record a video and post on youtube or other source to show what it's doing. It might help others see something you are missing. The Video PA318 posted helped me understand how the adjustments work on the open frame tractors since I've never used one with attachments as of yet.

·
Parts collector
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Mopar do you have a cell phone or camera you can record a video and post on youtube or other source to show what it's doing. It might help others see something you are missing. The Video PA318 posted helped me understand how the adjustments work on the open frame tractors since I've never used one with attachments as of yet.
I think I can post vids here..............

101 - 120 of 136 Posts