My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I found a 1282 with supposedly 550 hrs on it, all original, great shape, 42" deck, 12HP Kohler. I don't know anything about these, but $1000 was in my range. I emailed the owner and he stated that he replaced the battery recently because he left the key on. When he replaced the old battery he noticed the hr meter was a 1000 hrs. Sounds a little odd to me. Is this even possible?

He also finished his sentenced by saying "and that's the true story". There isn;t any other way of checking time used is there?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Yes it is possible. The newer hour meters run off the keyed switch. If the switch is 'on' the hour meter runs.

With that said it's very easy to disconnect the hour meter and have things be the other way also.

The hour meter means little/nothing to me because of this situation. Too easy to be wrong............BOTH ways.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. The internet is a great place! Where else would anyone get this info so quick? :trink39:

While I'm asking...what about a 2003 CC 2518? With 353hrs, 44"deck, 42" snowblower, wieghts/chains, CC utility cart, 20HP Kohler, new front tires, new battery last fall. Very well maintained. Owner asking just over $2,000. Pictures look nice. Any thoughts on that price? I couldn't find much online to compare.

Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts