My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/2656977716.html

I talked to the guy and he said that it was in rough shape and needed work. does run and drive. the deck is jerry rigged on there and is a Jd. He says he will take less without the deck. the steering is worn a bit but works and the hydrolics work pretty good. Overall it is an ok machine compared to the nonrunning junk i usually buy. what do you guys think going to look tommorow so quick replies would be nice. btw he wants 800$ as is
-Owen

·
Registered
68 Posts
http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/2656977716.html

I talked to the guy and he said that it was in rough shape and needed work. does run and drive. the deck is jerry rigged on there and is a Jd. He says he will take less without the deck. the steering is worn a bit but works and the hydrolics work pretty good. Overall it is an ok machine compared to the nonrunning junk i usually buy. what do you guys think going to look tommorow so quick replies would be nice. btw he wants 800$ as is
-Owen
I'd LOVE to have a GK, but I'd really love one with the cab and a snowblower.

That one in that condition..... I'd say that if the JD mower isn't scabbed on too horribly (like you could make it into a tidy swap) I'd take it with the mower on it. If there's no way to make that nice, I'd take it without.

I'd try to get if for less, but as described....I'd take it for that if you want one.

I really want one with a cab and snowblower, so I'd hold out for one with the cab, thinking a snowblower might be easier to get later/separately?

Good luck!:thThumbsU

895 Posts
I'd LOVE to have a GK, but I'd really love one with the cab and a snowblower.

That one in that condition..... I'd say that if the JD mower isn't scabbed on too horribly (like you could make it into a tidy swap) I'd take it with the mower on it. If there's no way to make that nice, I'd take it without.

I'd try to get if for less, but as described....I'd take it for that if you want one.

I really want one with a cab and snowblower, so I'd hold out for one with the cab, thinking a snowblower might be easier to get later/separately?

Good luck!:thThumbsU
well if you find one an its reasonable you better get it. it took me 12 years to find one. i got lucky to find it with the attachments and parts tractor. i almost made a mistake an bought another one in pa before i found this one luckly one of our great fellow members on here i cant think of his name but he posted that he seen it on craigslist an i got it instead. he save my @ss from blowing my "GK" saveings on a pretty much a parts tractor:thanku:

895 Posts
it was "hammerdwn20" that told me about it.. :thanku: for saveing me from that one in pa. i would of been dissapointed because i knew it wasent what i wanted and way too much but at the time i wanted one so bad i didnt care and i would of blew a fuse in my brain so again thank you frank:howdy:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so they are few and far between and this does look like a good idea. anything i should look for on these like things that would fail early?

895 Posts
Ok so they are few and far between and this does look like a good idea. anything i should look for on these like things that would fail early?
well the main thing the steering valve. they are hard to find but i would buy that if it was near me.:drunkie:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a good deal!! needs carb work from sitting and i will be running it around the yard tommorow if all goes well. I didnt get the mower bu just the tractor is cool enough. pictures tommorow.

895 Posts
glad you got it. i thought it came with a plow too?

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Cool find I hope you get it running.

895 Posts
you need to find a blade or build one. its very simple blade to build

1 - 12 of 12 Posts