My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see prices all over the places for these things. I just picked up a hood for my 87 and a complete set of wheels and tires for $16. Parts are in great shape too. Hopefully I can get the guy to part with the 12hp engine and hydraulic setup for cheap money too.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
To me, the Ingy is overpriced for an older 4020 with no power steering and just a deck. Nice looking tractor but IMO it's worth no more than 2 G's.

The 448 has seen better days but that could be a good thing because many people will be turned off by the ratty cosmetics. That's the sort of tractor that one should buy if the engine proves to be a strong runner and then tear that sucker down to the bare frame and spend $500.00 on it in wear parts, decals and paint. If you do it right, you will end up with an almost new-looking tractor like that Ingy that will be trouble-free for many years. If you off that guy $500.00, he just might take it if the phone hasn't been ringing. He obviously wants to sell it. That's why he tarted up the deck with the rattle can of ugly paint.

When you go looking at tractors, you have to learn to see past the ugliness and focus on the issues that really count, such as the engine, clutch, exhaust system, sheet metal condition, steering wheel, seat, front tires.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
If I needed a lawn tractor, I would buy that one before Lowes or Home Depot got my $2,500 ....

:sorry1:
Maybe so but that isn't the point. This isn't at an Ingy dealer, so there is no "good will" attached if things go wrong in the first few days but he's asking Ingy dealer prices. To me, this is about fair market value for a 20 year old tractor.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
When you go looking at tractors, you have to learn to see past the ugliness and focus on the issues that really count, such as the engine, clutch, exhaust system, sheet metal condition, steering wheel, seat, front tires.
:ditto:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts