My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
If you need anything from me please do not hesitate to ask. Two things I highly recommend are power steering and better rear tires (if you are going to be working in muddy/loose soil). Power steering is a must unless you are super strong and/or do not mind straining when loaded.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Thanks. to avoid with the power steering and spindle up grades I actually was thinking of down grading the capibilites/lift capicity by going with a much narrower bucket. Snow would it's purpose in life and while we get lots it is a light dry snow. I could always in the future upgrade. That being said I don't have a welder yet so this is alot of planning and thinking and not much action:ROF

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Cake could you please post some information on the hydraulic pump? Where did you purchase the hydraulic hoses and cylinders? What size is your bucket? :thanku:

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts

Both of you did GREAT work! Thanks for the pictures. :trink39:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Thanks. to avoid with the power steering and spindle up grades I actually was thinking of down grading the capibilites/lift capicity by going with a much narrower bucket.
I'd stay with the designed bucket size and simply dial down the loader relief valve if you want to limit stress on the loader. That way you'll still have plenty of room for light weight stuff when you want it. Plus, if you ever wanted to sell it or use it on a heavier machine you wouldn't need to make any changes.

·
Registered
586 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The plans are ordered! Thanks for all the useful information.
:greendr:

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
He's going to run it off his Case tractor's hydraulic system--about 9 gpm at full throttle.
Yep I got a NOS case 648 loader TVC with power beyond by accident last year and It started the wheels turning. (p.S just dont tell caseguytoo LOL)

·
I LOVE Garden Tractors!!!
1,799 Posts
could any body tell me where to get some decent ones for a cub cadet 149 hydro
:fing20: The PF engineering CAD loader plans were designed and built on a Cub 149. I don't think you could do much better for the price/time commitment to design your own. One of these days I will get around to ordering my set so I can slowly acquire the materials list.

·
Registered
88 Posts
p.s. you sold your cub to keep your bolens i think those are the best tractors :thThumbsU put the deck on a john deere today took me and 1hr and like 15 min put mower deck on cub 5 min at max just know i need to get hands on a bolens :thThumbsU

·
Registered
Simplicity 4041 Powermax
2 Posts
David,

If you go to my photobucket page (in signature) you can see pretty much the entire process from upgrading the front spindles, making the rear weight box, to building up the loader. There is even a video. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
Simplicity 4041 Powermax
2 Posts
Hi Cakes, I know this thread is old, I was wondering if you could provide a working link or some sort of download to access your information that was stored in the photobucket. Your knowledge on this build would be helpful to me. I'm new to the site and now the owner of a Simplicity 4041 Power Max. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,355 Posts
...just fyi, Cakes hasn't logged into the site in 4 months, which isn't a long time, so it's possible they will respond. If they don't, you might consider making a new thread with the problems you are having.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts