My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a 12 hp wisconsin for my bolens 1256.

and if i dont et an engine with it, how much would it be worth to sell

Everything works, hydraulics, rear end, just no motor, no attachments

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Do you have a picture of it?

Jason

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Ok, would this happen to be the one on cl in Springfield ma?

Once you get pics it's easier to tell. Sight unseen, I would pay $150.

Jason

·
Registered
286 Posts
i have a 12hp wisconson

I never had it running

took the head off
everything works
everything is smooth

its used so you see the normal warn piston/cylnder gap
other then that i cannot say

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
I also have a TRA12D that was in what turned out to be a 1556. When I saw a photo of a 1254 decal on the hood, that is what I thought it was until others here on the Forum told me it had to be a 1256 since it was a Hydro and it had the Wisconsin. When I went to look at it, the model was faint to read but after using a magnifying glass, it was definitely a 1556. I was able to find a complete TEC hh150 with the correct tank for it, and have since gotten a hood hump. At some point in the future, it will become my total restore effort.

I haven't any clue as to the condition of the engine. The PO I got it from picked it up on the side of the road, so since I saw the exhaust valve stuck open, I can only guess at its condition. I can pull the head off and inspect it..

If your interested. But the other one is certainly closer........

Also, I don't have a value in mind for the engine I have. Pretty much make an offer...I'll consider it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
i just bought the one from rob from this forum for my 1250 project- would`nt ya know i found a good running 1476 this week- i am going to pick-up in the morning- the engine is still skidded- let me know if your interested- rich- [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts