My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title say is all...

And when I get home I will measure my current 170 and the girlfriends minivan, but the idea just popped up in my head at my desk at work. I don't think I can convince her to run out to the shed with my tape measure either.

I ended up getting a whole package deal, everything from snow blower to the bagger, for a real good price. The engine sounds real rough but it isn't smoking, and it isn't seized up.

For the price it was worth it to have the blower and all the parts, plus a parts donor for my 170 if I can't get the motor running right again.

Now I just have to get it home.

I really think that I can pull the seats out of the windstar, put ramps on the bumper, and park it right in side. :praying:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. But wouldn't it be convient if it fit?

Honestly I don't see why it wouldn't work. Big rear gate, low floor height (ramps would be way less steep then loading it into a little toyota pu, or a ford ranger).

If it fits into the rear lift gate door, I will be all set.

Definetly can't bring a 955 home this way with a FEL, and a Backhoe, but for the smaller mini lawn tractors it might work.

Barring that I am going to see if I can borrow a pickup, or see if one of my friends with a trailer have some free time.

Plus the girlfriends reaction will be golden. :Stop::fing32:

·
Jersey Mechanic
1,015 Posts
Depending on the van, I have loaded stx38's (about the same size as the 100 series) and rear engine riders, even a snapper zero turn all in minivans. If you are close, many times you can take the front wheels off and that will lower the tractor enough to make it fit.

Dan

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I think ggsteve got a 140 in his mini-van. You want all the seats out, and you may have to pull the steering wheel from the tractor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Above all else, remember..

WE

WANT

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One with the look on her face would be priceless. LMAO

·
Registered
341 Posts
I sold a guy a pretty good size wheel horse, tiller, deck, and blade. He backed his mini van up and I thought that will never fit. Boy was I wrong, he got it all in their. Never under estimate the size of a hole.lol...

·
Registered
421 Posts
suggestion.....measure the width, length and height of the tractor and opening of the van.
Also consider the value of the van incase you tear something up loading or unloading the tractor...

·
Super Moderator
17,119 Posts
ken that funny:sidelaugh
The 170 should fit just remove deck and put tractor in rear end first it's a lot easier when pushing it out of the van:thThumbsU

·
Green Team !!!
468 Posts
A friend of mine that lives in Canada has picked up several JD Garden tractors in his mini van. I have seen him get a 110 RF with deck, thrower and blade and some other stuff I can't recall at this time, all in his mini van. This trip here was from Iowa back to Ontario. I will have to get him to send me pix to post !!

·
Citizen of Earth
15,734 Posts
I'm confident that the 170 will fit fine, even with the deck. Probably enough room to tuck the bagger parts in as well, but I am not sure where the snowblower fill fit..... front passenger seat?

·
Premium Member
9,955 Posts
Piece of cake! Couldn't get the steering wheel off the 140 so I emptied all the air out of the tires and had to remove one rear wheel. That is a Honda Odyssey.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
good fit, that odssey looks like it has about as odd shaped of a rear opening as the toyota minivan. (have trouble with a simple box spring in the toyota!)

but as long as you got it home, good for you!

and you must have a very forgiving GF if she let you do that!! :trink40:

·
Premium Member
9,955 Posts
good fit, that odssey looks like it has about as odd shaped of a rear opening as the toyota minivan. (have trouble with a simple box spring in the toyota!)

but as long as you got it home, good for you!

and you must have a very forgiving GF if she let you do that!! :trink40:
You know, I don't know what happened. I had a beautiful 96 Sebring convertible (bought it new) that I gave to my son when it got old, my wife goes out and buys a 98 BMW Z3, and I get stuck with the minivan, what's the deal with that?

·
Premium Member
9,955 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,900 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts