My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Pickup (95 Chevy 2500, 4x4) has had an aftermarket 10" drop bumper that must have been pretty nice when it was new. But after 10 years of use and abuse it has become bent, rusty, and ugly. The last straw came a couple of days ago when I backed up to load some wood, and the load lowered the bumper onto a fallen tree's trunk. Well I didn't think it was caught that bad but that old tree bent the side of my bumper almost a foot away from the tailgate.

I have a local mechanic with an 03-08 body Dodge 3500 Dually for parts. It has a factory chrome bumper that's in decent enough shape and I can get it cheap. What I am wondering is the width of the bumper. If anyone has a Dodge of this era, even a single rear wheel, I would appreciate it if I could get a measurement from you. With that new bumper and a receiver hitch I already have I can get it fixed up easily. I have a torch and welder so I can make the mounts for it if I have to.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The OA width on my '03 is 75". The internal dimension that fits around the bottom of the bed is 62".
Thank you. My overall width is about 73. I should be able to make it work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts