My Tractor Forum banner

Do I get a riding mower?

• Nope it's too much power for what you need.

Votes: 0 0.0%
61 - 61 of 61 Posts

· Registered
3,193 Posts
OP is back :)

Wow, thanks so much for all the responses, people! I've learned a lot more about tractors just by reading through this - I thought all I needed was a little bit more HP!

I'm trying to upload some pictures of my place for more info, but it looks like there's an error/it isn't going through! I'll keep trying.

To clarify some things, there's a little bit of a grade (probably 20 degrees) on the backyard lawn. There's a bit of a larger slope (30-35 degrees) on a driveway going up from the backyard to the front - and if I'm hauling things, I'll be hauling them up the hill to the front, rather than down the hill.

The attachments I'm looking at right now include a dethatcher, and a sweeper (loads of trees shedding on my back lawn). In the future I might get an aerator, I just don't know how often I'll use it and whether it's worth the cost (vs. renting).

I guess I should be looking outside of big box stores like Home Depot and Lowes, so I'll try taking a trip to a local distributor for John Deere! Although online they have a $300 off deal on their X300 series, so I might just consider an X330 - will have to think about it!

Meanwhile, I'll try posting some pics today - maybe I can get it to work somehow. Thanks again everyone!
Pictures will definitely help us understand your lawn and slopes. I’m having a hard time with the 30 degrees. I have a ditch bank that is that steep, but I don’t mow it regularly and always mow straight up hill with my X738 AWD and it is not comfortable.

Here’s a helpful link talking about the difference between slope and angle. Maybe double check your math and we look forward to pictures.

61 - 61 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.