My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a husqvarna GTH26K54T and have about 4 acres of land. Most of the land is for cutting but I do want to do some changes and general upkeep. I am looking to get a variety of attachments for my garden tractor, box blade and possible a johnny bucket and/or dozer blade. I need thoughts on if my Husqvarna can handle the work or should I upgrade to something abit larger and what might that be? I may contract out to do the larger changes and leave the simpler stuff for me. Will take any thoughts.

·
Registered
953 Posts
What transaxle does your tractor have? if it has the Tuff Torq K46 or the Hydrogear 0610, using the box blade, etc, won't be good for it.

I have a GTH2454T with a Hydro Gear G730, which is rated for ground engaging equipment. I have about 7 acres, roughly 4 of which I mow, and the tractor's good for that. I have a box blade for it, a dozer blade, and a few other attachments. With the tires loaded and some wheel weights, the tractor will do some general maintenance chores with those attachments, like moving around loose dirt, fixing small uneven areas in the gravel driveway, etc. But you're not going to do anything major. The tractor's just not made for it; doesn't have the weight distribution, muscle, etc.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Your GT is sufficient for the tasks/attachments you describe. I suspect that you, like many of us, want to (justify an) upgrade. If not, you already have what you need.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
The smaller gt's are good machines for ground work every now and again but for the most part just mow or throw or push snow.
If your going to be moving trees and doing a lot of landscaping look for a tractor with a fel. What size is based on the $$$ you can spend. Are you looking used or new?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts