My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin has a 3016 Ingersoll he is trying to rebuild with a RM44 deck. We are looking for deck parts and there are several Case tractors for sale in the area so I am wondering if the decks/implements off of any of these case tractors would fit his Ingersoll. We are specifically looking for the spindle hub on the deck and a snowblower for the tractor. Thanks

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
The mower deck spindle hubs are largely interchangeable among the garden tractor decks. The spindles are far less so. If you have the models from the parts decks you are considering, look up the related part numbers on Ingersoll's website. Then drop me a PM on those models and P/Ns and I'll confirm the interchangeability.

Beware that there are many Ingersoll decks that are not from the primary Garden Tractor lineup and those won't be compatible.

Same for snowblowers, but with a twist. Your 3016 uses an "SB" series snowcaster, designed for the newer "RH" (mower deck discharge direction) tractors. Older snowcasters (L - S models) won't be directly compatible. They can be converted, but unless it is a simply pristine, like new example, it is generally far more economical to advertise your WTB (wanted to buy) for a used SB model. Of course, new is also available.

There are also the oddball snowcasters, not from the Garden Tractor line. Most common would be the SB38Y (yard tractor). Don't want those.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
When Ingersoll changed from the 200/400 model series to the 3000/4000 models the engines were rotated 180 degrees and so the front PTO rotation was reversed. As a result, the mower decks and snowblowers were redesigned to work with the changed rotation and will not interchange without modification. The snowblower modification is relatively simple but the mower decks cannot be modified. All other attachments for these models are generally interchangeable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts