My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't resist. I had them out so I thought a photo was in order. Sorry about the thread title, I thought it was catchy.

Here's the three M's. I have another M21EMR in pieces yet.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Nice collection! Everyone says the M is so hard to find but I've seen quite a few on here lately. BTW, commercial M looks great.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob...I was surprised to see the 10590 in the local CL. Got it for $60 and it was probably worth that maybe. Not very well loved. Is anyone of the opinion that it's worth fixing up and using? Better than or equal to the M21EMR?

The comm looks a lot better with the wheels cleaned. They were WAY over greased to the point it was all over the wheels and adjusters. Good ole parts washer took are of that though. I have the tank for the M21EMR just gotta put it on.

·
Registered
656 Posts
3M's...........nice...........looks like you have a healthy lawn to feed those critters too......:fing32:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sweet! The Ms are growing on me. Still not my favorite but they do look very cool. How much to those weigh?

Love those chrome handles on the D&F units!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet! The Ms are growing on me. Still not my favorite but they do look very cool. How much to those weigh?

Love those chrome handles on the D&F units!
I wouldn't call the M my favorite either for a few reasons but I can't deny how nicely they cut and how great they sound. The comm has been sipping the same tank for a couple weeks now. How heavy? Ask Indy for sure but I say HEAVY. Not as bad as a 4 stroke cast deck sp Toro though I don't think.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Yeah the M is a tank. Still not hard to maneuver around the yard. The 10590 is worth fixing and using in my opinion. The transmission is my only gripe on my emr (pulling it backwards isn't the easiest) and you won't have that problem with the 590 as it has the good trans in it.

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Dang 2201, who's lawn did you pose the Lawnboys in?:ROF Just kidding, but man that's a nice yard!

·
Administrator
21,388 Posts
Nice lineup. The M's look pretty good sitting there in a row. Thanks for the picture.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey thanks for the compliments on the lawn guys. I had to strategically position myself for maximum view of nice lawn. Like many lawns it's a work in progress. Did the back yard last year, front this year I guess...

I figured the 10590 was worth it from what I've read through the past few months. It's also the one in the worst shape. The deck has some heavy corrosion on it and the blade looks like they sharpened it with a couple rocks. It revs pretty high and the throttle has little affect on the rpms. My plan is to take it apart, clean the dirt and grease off everything, clean and inspect the carb and the exhaust ports, replace everything that is too worn and wobbly and put it all back together. The rear wheels are pretty worn tread wise. Maybe I'll look into a new set. They have pretty cool tread lines on them so I'll look for originals.

Thanks again for the compliments. I'd love a harley rake and some new seed following the removal of what is quite possibly the most asymetrical and down right ugliest white pine ever...but my wife 'loves' it. But we do what we can with what we've got.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Hey thanks for the compliments on the lawn guys. I had to strategically position myself for maximum view of nice lawn. Like many lawns it's a work in progress. Did the back yard last year, front this year I guess...

I figured the 10590 was worth it from what I've read through the past few months. It's also the one in the worst shape. The deck has some heavy corrosion on it and the blade looks like they sharpened it with a couple rocks. It revs pretty high and the throttle has little affect on the rpms. My plan is to take it apart, clean the dirt and grease off everything, clean and inspect the carb and the exhaust ports, replace everything that is too worn and wobbly and put it all back together. The rear wheels are pretty worn tread wise. Maybe I'll look into a new set. They have pretty cool tread lines on them so I'll look for originals.

Thanks again for the compliments. I'd love a harley rake and some new seed following the removal of what is quite possibly the most asymetrical and down right ugliest white pine ever...but my wife 'loves' it. But we do what we can with what we've got.

Isn't it interesting how we all spruce up our lawns now that we have ten mowers to use on it!!:ROF

Seriously, nice looking lineup for sure!!!

Neal

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Sweet mowers! I love the M's power and cutting. You sure do have some nice ones there!

·
LAWN-BOY-AHOLIC
1,349 Posts
You can't beat the smooth, level, and complete cut the M provides. I was suprised how easy the M will push as it gives the impression that it is a heavy mower. The old style tranny is the culprit, it has a lot of drag in it for push mowing, my 10590 pushes as easy as a duraforce. I once passed on a M pusher in nice shape because I thought that it would be tough to push, but I don't think I would now after discovering how easy the 590 is to push. Must be that mag deck and engine shrouding that gives the "Heavy" impression.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Isn't it interesting how we all spruce up our lawns now that we have ten mowers to use on it!!:ROF

Seriously, nice looking lineup for sure!!!

Neal
Gosh I hate to admit it but I actually get sad once I get done because I want to use a different one next or try a different setting...then I have to wait until next time:hide:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Gosh I hate to admit it but I actually get sad once I get done because I want to use a different one next or try a different setting...then I have to wait until next time:hide:
Now that I have a Lawnboy collection, I split up the mowing between the front and back yards and stagger the days so I can mow more often! :)

Of course that means I spend twice as long cleaning up mowers afterwords, but I like to tinker with 'em anyhow...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts