My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello thanks for having me. I have a problem with my dk40. The turn signal and light selector fell down and shorted against the steering shaft. The dash lights went out and the temp gauge stopped working. Tractor will not turn off with the switch now. Any ideas

·
1,847 Posts
The first thing to do is to go through all wiring and look for melted wires, possibly shorted together. Also of course check all fuses/fusible links.

And, welcome to MTF. :trink39:

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Kubota is right on the money, and if you do NOT find at least one blown fuse, you need to install one. The fuse should look(inside the clear tube or inside the plastic) as if it had 'exploded' and scattered the bits of incandescent fuse material inside. That's what happens with a super-overload, such as a short to ground. If you find a fuse that has just melted, it may not be the only one, so perhaps a closer look is a good idea. A 'just melted' fuse indicates an overload over time, and that's not what you should expect. FWIW.
If you are lucky, you will find a toasted fuse. Fix your loose gear, and replace the fuse. Hope that does the job.
tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts